Old ship experience

marcaaron22

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just wanting to know if there is anywhere in the UK where you can experience what is was like aboard an old ship, I know Hartlepool have the historic quay, where you can look round an old ship but what I mean is, an old ship that goes out to sea and back, where you can experience the swaying of the ship, modern ships you can’t really experience what it was like..

Just wanting to know if there is anywhere in the UK where you can experience what is was like aboard an old ship, I know Hartlepool have the historic quay, where you can look round an old ship but what I mean is, an old ship that goes out to sea and back, where you can experience the swaying of the ship, modern ships you can’t really experience what it was like..
Hi, I live in Bristol and there is a working example of an old timber ship. You can book tickets for a sailing trip.

You absolutely can experience the 'swaying of a ship' on a modern sailing boat! Modern synthetics, communications and safety gear have made sailing safer and more forgiving than in the past but the essence remains much of a muchness.

The Lisa von Lübeck is a replica Hanseatic League (15th century merchant shipping) vessel which has been to the UK and I have stepped foot on (port only).
Although based and exhibited in its home in Germany, there is chance it may sail and need volunteer crew.

Maybe you need something like this

I once went sailing in a small boat and i have never been so terrified i have also been at sea in a naval frigate in the north atlantic during a storm and loved it.😃

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom