Old Sharp SG-F112 hi fi speaker connection not working

Cochyn

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi. Speakers definitely work but no sound coming from right hand one. Tried two different speakers that work and nothing. Any suggestions please? Diolch-Cheers , Daf

Hi. Speakers definitely work but no sound coming from right hand one. Tried two different speakers that work and nothing. Any suggestions please? Diolch-Cheers , Daf
You sure on the model number? I can only find the SG-F111?

if the speakers work.. usually with the older hifi.. opening up the back (once everything is disconnected from the mains etc....) you will find glass speaker fuses.... more often than not.. one of those is most likely to have blown

Cheers-yes it's the 111 s sorry! Will have a look. Can I source them easily?

Cheers-yes it's the 111 s sorry! Will have a look. Can I source them easily?
they should just be standard glass fuse type.. usually around 20mm x 5mm .. IF... the unit is fitted with them.

let us know your findings and if there are speaker fuses in etc.. just so we can get closure :)

Hi. Not very good with electrics so posted a pic. Set it up at the moment with an adapter through an aux code to my Bose speaker and the good news is the record player’s working! Could you possibly point out which fuses they are as I haven’t a clue sorry! Cheers. Daf

Attachments

• B832F024-0261-4D5B-8D05-C3B884A26978.jpeg
    B832F024-0261-4D5B-8D05-C3B884A26978.jpeg
    280.7 KB · Views: 30
  • F874BC7C-E81E-489A-9FE4-4BC2A381D266.jpeg
    F874BC7C-E81E-489A-9FE4-4BC2A381D266.jpeg
    181.1 KB · Views: 35
Hi. Not very good with electrics so posted a pic. Set it up at the moment with an adapter through an aux code to my Bose speaker and the good news is the record player’s working! Could you possibly point out which fuses they are as I haven’t a clue sorry! Cheers. Daf
hmm... it would appear this unit does not have speaker fuses judging by the photo... this possibly could be the amp module itself on the output may have shot...

Not much we can do there sadly if that is the case re speakers :(

Okedok, even though speakers are definitely ok? Will play it through headphone socket on my bose. Cheers 👍🏼

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom