Old Screenplay vs New Optoma...

stuntrider

Hi guys, need some advice....I have (and love) a Screenplay 4800, or X1 as it was sometimes known. You remember those don't you? They came out when Wagon Wheels were as big as your face and Curly Wurlys were nearly 3 feet long. Its been a true and trusted friend but a new hi def capable 360 has got me thinking.
I paid 1500 squid for it way back when and now the £800 H70 seems to be the latest craze. Hi def to boot.
So how about it? Worth getting? Major improvement or just another sad case of upgradeitis? And if I do get one can you reccomend any good retailers/deals atm.:)

thescoobydoc

Novice Member
I think you would notice quite a significant improvement between the SP4800 and the HD70, the HD70 offers increased contrast ratio, increased resolution, a quicker wheel with more segments and is a native 16:9, as opposed to the native 4:3 of the SP4800, its brightness is also impressive given its Lumens rating, I have seen my son playing his 360 on a HD70 and it looks amazing, I can't compare it with the SP4800 tho some of the members here have the HD70 hooked up to the 360 so may be able to compare with what they used before. There are some pics of the HD70 displaying Xbox in the HD70 owners thread too.

As for Curly Wurlys, they are definately getting smaller, I managed to borrow one out of my daughters Christmas selection box just last week, very nice too.

Regards

Sean

AV Nik

Novice Member
In my opinion, the HD70 is one the 'Better' PJ's under £700 on the market.
Not many PJ's offer the same benefits for this price.
I remember the longer Curley Wurleys too. This thread reminded me so much of them, I went and bought 10! I've eaten 3 of them since but, I now need to see the Dentist :(.

Anyone want to buy the other 7?
AV Fun!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom