• When viewing threads in any classified forum, threads from child forums are also displayed so that you have greater visibility of all the relevant adverts
    You can change this via your preferences page: https://www.avforums.com/account/forum-aggregation.

Wanted Old school, outdated monster integrated AV amp

Legzr1

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Reaction score
I need a temporary stop-gap amp to fill in for my stereo monoblocks which are a little poorly and thought why not look for an old but good AV amp - that way I’d still have fair sound quality and could plug in sky,uhd etc...

I’m not really too fussed - a former top end Pioneer, Denon or Yamaha, that sort of thing. Within 50 miles of Durham for collection would be good, original packaging if not (I realise that could be a big ask as the boxes for these are normally huge or have rotten away in sheds and garages.).

The odd nick, dent or scratch isn’t too important as long as it’s functioning correctly - no crackling and hissing from aged caps please.

Colour not too important - a nice silver A1SR Denon would be good, champagne AX1 Yam too or maybe a black AX10 pioneer but I’m not too fussy.

Cash/BT ready but I’ve listed an SVS PC13U on here recently - maybe a deal could be struck for anyone interested?

To be clear, HDMI and the latest atmos codecs are NOT important - a good PSU and capability with stereo matters far more to me.

Thanks.

justageezer

Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Reaction score
Location (town/city, country)
Sunny South Coast
Not sure I can help - I'm guessing you're not interested in the A1SR currently listed on here for £400, but more looking for something like the one that just sold for £100?
Until a few days ago I could have offered you an A11SR, but my Onkyo 3008 just starting having HDMI issues leaving me also looking for a stopgap, so that's going to be temporarily unretired as it has HDMI, unless something suitable shows up here soon.
I do have an A10SE and a matching POA T10 (no HDMI) - but I'd really only want to sell them as a pair, and I think they're too good to let go for peanuts and would rather keep them in storage than let them go too cheaply, and you'd have to arrange a courier for two large boxes, and if you're only looking for stereo you probably don't want a 2-unit 7.1 setup. Unless you bi-amp :)
All my Denons are in champagne, good or very good condition for their age, and I have the original box, remote, power lead and possibly manual for the processors, but not the stereo amp.
I wasn't really looking to sell having hung onto them for so long (as I really rate the sound quality, and had vague 'zone 2' plans), but saw your post while browsing for possible 3008 replacements and thought I'd at least see if they would, well, stop your gap :)
If not GLW err wanted ad,
Paul

Legzr1

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Reaction score
Not sure I can help - I'm guessing you're not interested in the A1SR currently listed on here for £400, but more looking for something like the one that just sold for £100?
Until a few days ago I could have offered you an A11SR, but my Onkyo 3008 just starting having HDMI issues leaving me also looking for a stopgap, so that's going to be temporarily unretired as it has HDMI, unless something suitable shows up here soon.
I do have an A10SE and a matching POA T10 (no HDMI) - but I'd really only want to sell them as a pair, and I think they're too good to let go for peanuts and would rather keep them in storage than let them go too cheaply, and you'd have to arrange a courier for two large boxes, and if you're only looking for stereo you probably don't want a 2-unit 7.1 setup. Unless you bi-amp :)
All my Denons are in champagne, good or very good condition for their age, and I have the original box, remote, power lead and possibly manual for the processors, but not the stereo amp.
I wasn't really looking to sell having hung onto them for so long (as I really rate the sound quality, and had vague 'zone 2' plans), but saw your post while browsing for possible 3008 replacements and thought I'd at least see if they would, well, stop your gap :)
If not GLW err wanted ad,
Paul
Paul,
Thanks for the reply - very interesting.

I’m not sure which amp you mean that recently sold for £100 but I did spot the A1SR ad. It’s probably exactly what I was looking for but it’s too far to travel to collect and it looks like it’s the same amp currently on eBay with a few bids on it (up to around £285 last time I looked). I’m not sure what would happen if the seller and I agreed a deal on here and then the bidding on eBay topped the amount agreed.

I have a feeling your A10/T10 pairing would be over the price limit I’ve set myself and, as you suspect, it would be overkill for a temp. 2 channel solution unfortunately.

Top Bottom