Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Old PJ help! Sanyo PLC-400P

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by niceblokejohn, Apr 8, 2003.

1. niceblokejohn

niceblokejohn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a Sanyo PLC-400P off ebay last year, and recently picked up a Panny AE100 to replace it :)

Sanyo PJ went to my brother, but I want to sort out a new bulb and instructions on how to change it.

Sanyo UK have been zero help - pointed me to charleshyde for a manual, which I paid 20 quid for and it contains only "see a qualified technician for lamp" replacement, so that's going back. Sanyo US even worse - they can't even read my emails :(

Anyone tell me the bulb type (dealer gave me an "Osram" reference number to check?) and how to replace the bulb?!

Any help much appreciated!

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    For a replacement lamp go to www.justlamps.net , they have the Sanyo lamp listed for about £300 inc VAT.

If the manual doesn't tell you how to replace the lamp then you have two options:

- the safe choice is to give the job to a qualified Sanyo service agent. You could try Owl Video in Uckfield E.Sussex (tel 01825 766123), they are a distributor rather than a high street retailer but their service department is good and they'll probably be able to help, or contact Sanyo HQ at Watford for the number of your local service agent,

- or you could go the DIY route. Open the projector, have a look and judge for yourself if it is possible to do the swap. However, the normal safety rules apply and you may find that the lamp needs aligning properly before it will give even illumination. If I were doing this I might measure the position of the old lamp and use that as a guide. Also, treat the lamp as you would a halogen, don't touch the surface with your bare hands.

OK, here's the disclaimer so I and my employer don't get sued if you screw it up - The choice to proceed with a DIY replacement is entirely conducted at your own risk and the contents of this reply in no way condone this as a recommended course of action. I and Philips accept no liability as a direct or indirect consequence of your actions in respect of this matter.

Regards

3. niceblokejohn

niceblokejohn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Chris for the info- I've ordered a replacement lamp already (187 delivered) from aalighting, but they weren't 100% sure it was correct (they were going from "Osram's" list?).

Think I'll try the DIY route at first, but the more info I can get, the better :)

(edit: if only Sanyo were as helpful!)