1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Old" Pioneer plasma and HDMI

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by RedRose, Apr 23, 2005.

1. RedRose

RedRose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi. I've had my 503MXE for over 2.5 years now and I'm still bloody delighted with it.
    It has a DVI input which works great with a PC, but is it possible to feed this with the emerging HDMI or SDI digital signals? I'm sure there'll be a converter involved but is it at least possible; my next PVR/DVDR/whatever will have digital out.
    Thanks.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    there is NO HDCP suport on the MXE and i am not sure if an Aurora card would fit the 503, JoeF will know more, I would reconmend you addd a scaler Iscan HD+ or Lumagen DVi which with some trickery will get the best out of your panel............(and give you SDI/HDMI possibilities

3. RedRose

RedRose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks. I have to admit I don't really understand what's happened with the digital video signal world recently. DVI, SDI, HDMI, HDCP etc. The xxCP is Copy Protection right? Is there an idiot's guide to this? No doubt it has something to do with competing standards and protection of copyright material form competing sources.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    not an idiots guide as such, but HDMI is DVi-D with AUDIO and HDCP (HDCP is macrovision for HD digital) SDi is a back door digital signal..................