• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Old Pioneer 5.1 DVD system

liam0102

Standard Member
Hi all,

Have a problem with connecitons i think!

Use a old 5.1 Pioneer DVD system for sound for my sky box (connected via optical cable). My PS3 stopped playing discs sunday (busted lens i think) so, collecting the non-blu-ray versions of the films i wanted to watch this evening, thought i'd connect up the pioneer player to my samsung lcd tv. I thought that if i link the RF output via co-ax to the RF input to the TV and do a analogue channel search i'd find the picture........................no joy??

Can anyone help?

Thankyou

Liam

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
RF OUT?

Never seen that one before, but there is always a first.
Most DVD players have at least one of the following in order of quality.

Component (3x phono sockets Red, Green & Blue)
Scart switched to RGB out, needs TV with a RGB scart socket.
Scart which is composite out (or the yellow plug), also known as the worse connection known to man but extremely common.

skk3

As above. You don't say actually how old your Pioneer system is, but it is bound to have one of the aforementioned connections for picture. If you utilise a component connection (which only carries pictures) you will need an extra pair of RCA connectors between your Pioneer and TV for sound.

mentm

It probably has rf out if it is a dvd recorder, but this is not used for viewing pictures it's only used for passing the analogue / freeview signal through. Depending on what you have available you should be using HDMI or scart.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom