Old PC, What OS and Photoshop!

bouncer

Well ive got a old Dell GX150 kicking about that I actully plan to use, hardly but plan to use it,

Tis a Pentium III 1Ghz, with 256MB Ram

So I need advice, What OS and I need Photoshop on it so what version of photoshpo and I think thats it

Thanks in advance

KraGorn

Novice Member
Win98 is about the best you can do, 2K would probably install but 256Mb RAM is going to be a problem with image editing whatever and 2K will use more real memory and you don't really want to be swapping more than you need.

Why Photoshop? Unless you really need it then maybe Gimp or an old version of Paintshop Pro would be a better choice.

It's going to be a grind no matter which way you go, while this is a 'spare' system I question how useful it will be unless you're only needing to do 'trivial' image processing, in which case Photoshop is way over the top.

bouncer

Only planing on using it as my laptop is off getting fixed! Same box with same stuff is running Windows XP just fine-ish (Buit for step dad to use ebay)

But Windows 98 SE seems like a good idea, What photoshop can run on this?

I have 7 8 9 and 10

(As far as im aware 8 is CS 9 is CS2 and CS3 would be 10?)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom