Old NTL analogue box

coppertone

Hi, I am thinking on getting a 42PQ6000 plasma but really want to know if the picture will be any good with my current set up as I currently have a CRT and have never owned a Plasma.
I have an old NTL box (analogue) that gives me cable television and is connected to the RF In on my dvd recorder and the RF Out from the dvd recorder then goes into the aerial connection on my Panasonic TX28PL1. This gives me an excellent picture on my panasonic CRT. Can I connect the RF Out from my recorder to the aerial socket on the PQ6000 plasma and still get a great picture (I know it wont be as good as the CRT) or do I need a digital source?
Updating any equipment would not be an option so if digital is the only way to get a great picture on a plasma then I will have to stick to the CRT.

Thanks,
Ct.

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Firstly Virgin Media will withdraw analogue services soon and I believe have done so already in some areas.

Secondly AFAIK you can get the box swapped for a standard digital box for free and no increase in charge (If you take BB and phone it may be less)

However if you can afford the new plasma then do it justice and get a V+ box and connect it via HDMI. Then sit back and enjoy.....

I doubt very much that an anlogue RF input will give acceptable results on you new plasma.

coppertone

Thanks Boostrail, but Virgin media do not have digital in my area yet, so I am stuck with analogue for the forseeable future.

Ct.

WildeKarde

Distinguished Member
I think there were/are some old area from cable companies they bought over that were only analogue.. Clyde cable vision area rings a bell as one where they didn't upgrade and stopped the service.

As far as I recall the lead into the cable box supplies the standard 5 channels without the box.

Fred Smith

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom