1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old netsystem card?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Venom1969, Mar 6, 2004.

1. Venom1969

Venom1969

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had netsystem a while back when it was unlimited and good, but since then have deleted everything associated with it including drivers. I'd like to see if the card is capable of receiving 1080i. So downloaded the skystar 2 stuff from technisat.com. But ran into problems.

Trying to install the drivers but get this error "The hardware and device driver must be installed before installing application software" Can I find the hardware/device driver online?

Another thing is I can't see the B2C2 network adapter in the Device Manager. Any ideas?

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The driver is included in the download.

In device manager, click the not yet installed network adapter, install/update whatever, don't search automatically, have disc etc..

Point it to the "oemsetup.ini" & it should install.

Once you've got B2C2 installed in device manager, then proceed with the rest of the install.

:smoke:

3. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +715
    For those with SS2 or B2C cards, you should also have a play with Rod Hewitt's TSReader :
    http://www.coolstf.com/tsreader/

I have been watching the feature set grow over the last year or so with this excellent piece of transport stream reading software.
    Rod is the author of DVBedit (for Nokia 95xx/96xx STBs and is a Brit to boot (but lives in the USA now).

The progam is currently at V2.3
    I haven't tried the "lite" version - but I believe it limits you to one minute of recording (to hard disk.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ProgDVB (freeware) isn't limited. Can capture .ts streams perectly.

:smoke:

5. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +715
    I know.
    The reason I recommend TSReader is that it is a great transport stream read with an excellent graphical display of the structure , right from main Stream ID down to all the individual elements of the PES.
    If you haven't tried it, give it a go.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

6. Venom1969

Venom1969

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys, finally got it sorted. Using the freeview DVB viewer. Can this app be used to see 1080i? TSReader looks good too, definitely checking that one out. Cheers.