Old Man needs a new TV!!!

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by jayzeewood, Feb 25, 2013.

1. jayzeewood

jayzeewood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so my father in-law is after a new tv. He watches TV and that is it ok the odd DVD (or even VHS) when nothing is on. His main viewing is sports. I know that out of the 2 (plasma, LCD, LED) some do this better then others.

He has around £350 to spend on one and is looking at the 32" - 40" range but wants the full 1080 HD kind would like to have freeview built in and if possible Freeview HD. I have had a quick look and the Samy's 5 series look ok but is LED OK for sport.

I guess what I am asking is what platform is best for viewing sport in HD aand what would be the best buy for him thanks again guys.

2. johnr2110

johnr2110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    My parents recently purchased the Samsung 40", the non smart version with HD
    Freeview and they are very pleased with it. Dad in particular is enjoying watching the football on a bigger screen.

3. Ossie77

Ossie77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Hi. I would recommend the Panasonic L37E5B now on sale for £429. I also had the Samsung Eh5000 40" so can advise quite well on both sets. When watching sport on the Samsung I found the green of the pitch to be quite artifical looking whereas the Panasonic gives a much truer picture. HD on Panasonic is also much more impressive. The E5B also has very little motion blur. The EH5000 is basically the best budget TV around whereas the Panasonic is more accurately categorised as a 'Mid-range' TV.