Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Old link to RDR-GX comparison

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Enfen, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Enfen

Enfen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone

A long time ago someone posted a link to a comparison between the Sony RDR-GX dvd-recorder and a Philips ditto.

Some of the things in the comparison were the advantages in VR Mode over -RW/+RW. The comparison also included the disanvantages in -RW/+RW mode when choosing the Sony RDR-GX dvd-recorder.

I know the above is not alot to go on but it would be great if someone remembers the page I'm seeking.

Regards

2. ewan hoozarmy

ewan hoozarmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
  3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,585
    Juts bear in mind when you read anything on that site it is actually run by the DVD Alliance - the organisation that claimed DVD+ was more compatible than DVD- until it was proven to be false. Seriously that site should be taken as advertising and not advice.

4. Enfen

Enfen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope that's not the one. The link you posted doesn't seem to include anything about VR Mode when you do a comparison.

The page I'm thinking about was written and run by one single person. I think the background on the comparison page was green - if that's any help.

I believe the comparison was written around the time when the GX7 was first released.