Old LG Plasma LG 50PV450 went BANG. Need a new 55+ Inch tv £300-500 BUDGET

What you're asking for isn't possible within your budget I'm afraid. I'd consider looking for a refurb Sony XH9505 or XH9005 from their refurb store.
See: Bargain - Sony centre direct refurbished store thread

The XH9005 is a mid tier TV, so falls short with HDR being too dim, it does however support a 120hz input.

The XH9505 is a high tier TV, which is more suitable for HDR usage, but only does 1080p 120hz, or 1440p 120hz if you have a PC.

The refresh rate of a TV, the refresh rate the TV can accept and the fps sent are 3 different things. Many games are still 60fps, therefore running 120hz isn't that beneficial.
Hi is the xh9005 the same as x9005f?

Hi is the xh9005 the same as x9005f?
No, F indicates a 2017 model. H 2020.
The newer model has better smart TV, but is a downgrade in HDR picture quality since it can't get as bright. Really you want to consider the XH9505 or new X95J to match it, perhaps you'll get away with the X90J.

I have never had a curved tv if its good make sure to see its all working and there no marks on the screen and check the condition.

KU series was their budget lineup in 2016, new prices of TVs around the same quality, but more modern would be about £500.

You don't have to answer, but can you explain your circumstances why your budget is max £500-ish for a modern TV with high or infinite contrast, good panel, HDMI 2.1 features (gaming) etc.?

For a monitor, I can understand. But for a TV that you expect to last reliably for minimum 5 years... I'm curious what your reasoning is behind this.

I bought an LG CX 65" and I pay monthly at zero percent interest rate. What that be an option for you? I highly recommend an OLED display - I came from a QLED and the difference is phenomenal.

Btw, I still have the 65" Q9FN TV, just don't use it, still like new condition. I don't know how to sell it - I don't wanna recycle it because there's nothing wrong with it.

You don't have to answer, but can you explain your circumstances why your budget is max £500-ish for a modern TV with high or infinite contrast, good panel, HDMI 2.1 features (gaming) etc.?

For a monitor, I can understand. But for a TV that you expect to last reliably for minimum 5 years... I'm curious what your reasoning is behind this.

I bought an LG CX 65" and I pay monthly at zero percent interest rate. What that be an option for you? I highly recommend an OLED display - I came from a QLED and the difference is phenomenal.

Btw, I still have the 65" Q9FN TV, just don't use it, still like new condition. I don't know how to sell it - I don't wanna recycle it because there's nothing wrong with it.
I do not really watch TV alot but when i do i want things to look good. I also play games like fifa so i do not want much lag.

I do not really watch TV alot but when i do i want things to look good. I also play games like fifa so i do not want much lag.
If this is the only reason for setting a £500 budget then I'd suggest at least checking out OLED TVs at the store and researching more about them. The LG CX has no input lag (negligible), supports next-gen gaming features including HDR, Dolby Vision / Atmos etc. and honestly you'll probably find yourself using it a lot more because of how immersive the experience is.

If you can find someone with a unidays discount, I recently bought a 75" QN94A for £1600 after cashback (lol, to think I almost spent £2.8k). I'm sure the smallest size with the student discount + 200/100 cashback should be close enough to £900 or less. Buy once, cry once. Don't underspend on a shit TV then regret it for ages.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom