Old laptop batteries - what to do with it?!

ash_s3

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have just bought a new Dell battery for my Inspiron 6400 laptop as the old one had given up on me!

Is the old one worth anything? Can they be reconditioned or have i just got to 'dispose' of it?

Cheers
Ash

I don't think there is much that can be done with it. Most local rubbish dumps have a place to dispose of batteries properly.

most council recycling centers and some of the supermarket recycling bins will have a place for batteries, my local council issues a bag just for batteries that the bin men will take away.

Curly

Hi
I have just bought a new Dell battery for my Inspiron 6400 laptop as the old one had given up on me!

Is the old one worth anything? Can they be reconditioned or have i just got to 'dispose' of it?

Cheers
Ash

Any chance you could tell me what replacement battery you got ?.
I also have an Inspiron 6400 and badly need a new battery but am unsure where to go :confused:.
Done a google search and a majority of the retailers may have .co.uk websites but they are actually based in the likes of China !.

Help appreciated.

Hi Fordy

I got mine from eBay, its coming from China, but this seller has sold loads of Dell and Sony laptop batteries, says they are guaranteed genuine or your money back.

Worth a try for £35!

Could you let me in on who you used on Ebay, it would be appreciated ?.

Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom