• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Old laptop batteries - what to do with it?!

ash_s3

Hi
I have just bought a new Dell battery for my Inspiron 6400 laptop as the old one had given up on me!

Is the old one worth anything? Can they be reconditioned or have i just got to 'dispose' of it?

Cheers
Ash

simc1978

I don't think there is much that can be done with it. Most local rubbish dumps have a place to dispose of batteries properly.

Curly99

Distinguished Member
most council recycling centers and some of the supermarket recycling bins will have a place for batteries, my local council issues a bag just for batteries that the bin men will take away.

Curly

Fordy1

Hi
I have just bought a new Dell battery for my Inspiron 6400 laptop as the old one had given up on me!

Is the old one worth anything? Can they be reconditioned or have i just got to 'dispose' of it?

Cheers
Ash

Any chance you could tell me what replacement battery you got ?.
I also have an Inspiron 6400 and badly need a new battery but am unsure where to go :confused:.
Done a google search and a majority of the retailers may have .co.uk websites but they are actually based in the likes of China !.

Help appreciated.

ash_s3

Hi Fordy

I got mine from eBay, its coming from China, but this seller has sold loads of Dell and Sony laptop batteries, says they are guaranteed genuine or your money back.

Worth a try for £35!

Fordy1

Could you let me in on who you used on Ebay, it would be appreciated ?.

Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom