• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Old-ish Hitachi C2156TN turning itself off and on

stonkin

Standard Member
From what I've been able to gleen from here and other sites, it's possibly just a dodgy solder joint. Does the panel think it's something I could check/fix myself, or is it qualified techy only? (I know basic electronics but that's at component level rather than what you get when you join 'em all together to make something that works:( )

JayCee

Distinguished Member
stonkin said:
From what I've been able to gleen from here and other sites, it's possibly just a dodgy solder joint. Does the panel think it's something I could check/fix myself, or is it qualified techy only? (I know basic electronics but that's at component level rather than what you get when you join 'em all together to make something that works:( )

Can you solder neatly?

mctech

Established Member
as a tv engineer myself i prefer people to get qualified engineers to repair their tv's.i have had too much stuff coming into the workshop with the customer saying "i had a go myself but now it isnt working".--this is an easy repair though

stonkin

Standard Member
I would much rather get a tv engineer to do it, but it's a case of "once-bitten, twice-shy" I'm afraid. Several years ago a local shop charged me £60 for a VCR repair which I later found out was just an internal fuse replacement :(

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom