Old games you still play?

I would recomend the expasion to, it changes the game mechanics of the origional too (for the better) and unlike pretty much any game apart from the sims you can buy the expansion on budget. Usualy there is a delux edition and then when the budget one comes out, only the origional is availible :( .

Great stuff - Just ordered the Expansion from Play for £7.99 - bargain! :smashin:

I notice that you can notch the resolution up from the awful 640 x 480 to 800 x 600 which is much needed!

CAS FAN said:
Great stuff - Just ordered the Expansion from Play for £7.99 - bargain! :smashin:

I notice that you can notch the resolution up from the awful 640 x 480 to 800 x 600 which is much needed!
The only trouble is everything is smaller. ie you can see a lager play area but the characters are very small. I still play in the old mode

One of the nice new facilitys is you can keep the same Merc with you all the time and build there skill up and equip them out. Also you get alt wepon slots so you can flip frim say a duel hannded mace to a sword and sheild at a key stroke.

You can also give them health potions to keep them alive and your cache is also larger, plus all the new types of stuff you can get, jewels and totem things, better items, rune words ect... they make the game playable again almost like a different game, even more emphatis on the items.

Sounds great! It's been shipped so I can't wait to give it a bash! :smashin:

CAS FAN said:
I loved the original Laser Squad as well - still one of my all time faves and I still play it from time to time using emulators :thumbsup: .

There are few finer sights in gaming than watching a pepper-pot blow up after it walks into an opportunity fire ambush :D

Indeed - say 3-4 guys with heavy lasers all shooting off 99 shots! :D . Also taking out the Battle Droid with a well aimed rocket or mega grenade was most satisfying!

Me and my mates played Laser Squad so much that it became like chess. Recognised defenses and attack patterns were formed on the various levels and just when you thought that you'd seen everything, someone would go and win with a completely different strategy!

It truly is an awesome game - one of the finest strategy games of all time IMO. :smashin:

Im currently playing Hidden and Dangerous 2 again and what strikes me is that even 2 years on it plays better and has better combat than many games that have come out since

All the credit that Brothers in Arms was getting seems strange in light that HD2 has much better squad dynamics

On another note - can anyone tell me how I could go about playing any of the XCOM games on my Pocket PC ?

Ont the PC it wold have to be the Lemmings games and command and conquer red alert 2: Yuri's Revenge

However I gave up playing Yuri's revenge online as the server hardly never works

tris

Not that old, but the original Soldier of Fortune was and is still excellent.
I remember on the forum we all wanted the sequal, wish we never bothered.....

Got the Diablo 2 expansion pack through today and it's breathed a new lease of life into the game for me. Just playing through it again now and really enjoying it - just finished Act 1. :thumbsup:

Pulsar said:
I am close to finishing Shogo M.A.D - awesome game IMO.

Rob

Man i loved that game, when wireplay was about i represented the uk in a tournament against the best of the world players at the playingfields internet cafe, came 2nd :)

Almost forgot the old monkey island games :)

tris

CAS FAN said:
Got the Diablo 2 expansion pack through today and it's breathed a new lease of life into the game for me. Just playing through it again now and really enjoying it - just finished Act 1. :thumbsup:
:D Gottcha.

Are you playing an expansion character?

Garrett said:
:D Gottcha.

Are you playing an expansion character?

Ohh yes! I'm playing as an Assassin. I love those 'bombs' that you can do - they are great for killing off the rez guys as you can just go into the room and lob them over the grunts.

It's a superb RPG IMO - I've got copies of World of Warcraft, Neverwinter nights, DAoC etc all sat on my shelf whilst I play this 5 year old gem! None of them come close!

I played her as an assasin I loved the lichning trap she gets at the end they go though all the enamy and take stuff doen bit time, altough if you get to the next level you are going to need to build a secondery skill..

BY the way I somtimes play the very original Diablo and that realy cluncks but still hold some magic.

Does anyone know where you can get hold of the diablo 1 expansion pack? i always fancied giving it a go although i could never fin d anyware that sold it.

OPS DISREGARD THE FOLLOWING gazbarber I THOUGHT YOU MEANT DIABLO II

Tryed Game?

I think it is in there shop in the buy 2 get one free range IE 3 for £20.

Play have it at £7.99 deliverd.

Yea it really annoys me that they don't put the expansion pack on the budget pack, especialy as you can't buy the expansion otherwise.

Well I completed Return To Castle Wolfenstein this weekend. Given how old the game it was refreshing to see how solid it still was, despite many more recent FPS' probably nicking its ideas. It wasn't too much of a long game and I finished it on Medium in around 8 hours or so.

One thing that did spoil my enjoyment was a bug which meant that the game often stuttered which I put down to a conflict with the Steam client maybe? Anyway, it was frustrating given how I was expecting it to run as smooth as butter given its age. I liked how they didn't introduce too many monsters and some of the soldiers were quite hard and required quite a few restarts especially towards the end. I'm glad I played it though, it may not have the graphical touches that modern shooters have but it was still a solid title. Bring on the upcoming Wolfenstein! :)

I always keep playing Mechcommander (well 2 anyway) and completing it. Also like some of the mechwarrior game but tends to be the 4th series as I think I'd get issue trying to run them now :)

I played Diablo 2 + Exp for a bit but it got boring...

Still playing Warcraft 3 The Frozen Throne on occasion, nothing like DOTA, eh?

Baldur's Gate 1+2/Expansions - best games ever.

Soulreaver 1/2 Blood Omen 1/2 and Defiance - Awesome storyline.

Eye of the beholder 1 and 2:thumbsup:

Eye of the beholder 1 and 2:thumbsup:
Wow, now they are old - remember them from my Amiga days. I recommend Lands of Lore once you finish those two - a game very much in the same vein.

On the topic of old games you're still playing, I'm currently replaying the Neverwinter Nights Expansion: Hordes of the Underdark, and it's just as good as I remember it.

I play Delta Force or Worms Armeggedon quite often.I always think theres something wrong playing crappy low-graphic games on a quad-core computer with top of the range graphic cards.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom