Old Gamertag

fzbucks

Standard Member
can't you do this using the recover gamer tag in the same way that you put your current gamer tag on a mates 360?

not at home at the moment so can't remember exactly where it is but i think it's on the sign in screen

fortean

I've tried recovering but it says the Gamertag is in use.

What is strange is that it seems to mirror my current Gamertag membership level; Silver when my new one is Silver and Gold with Gold; none of the info is set to public though.

I also still get e-mails to the address registered with it but can't stop them because I can't log on to the account.

I did ring MS support who seemed to suggest someone else had it but also said a lapsed Gamertag was locked forever; the problem may have been lost in language difficulties though.

I notice that the Gamertag is linked to a Live ID now. I can't remember if it was linked to passport or was just a stand alone account when Live first started though.

Jazz Monkey Jr

Distinguished Member
On the old live you lost your gamertag if you didnt renew within 60 days when your live account ran out, then it is locked for 10 years so I was told by MS.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom