1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

old dvd player need help hitachi DV-P505R

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by birdman, May 5, 2002.

1. birdman

birdman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help!
    I downloaded the firmware update from the secrets page and named it bank30.rom. I burned it on to a CD and loaded it in the player. When it loaded up, it read the info. from the disc and started updating stuff. There was a message in the top left hand corner along the lines of writing_sst?? or something similar..
    At this point, the the graphics corrupted on the bottom half of the screen (e.g turned into all the colours of the rainbow and pixelated so it was just noise!) and then the same happened to the text in the top left hand corner.
    The player ejected the disk and switched itself off.
    I can't turn it back on now! I took the disk out of the tray and closed it, but I can't open it again!

I have tried unplugging it from the wall socket and turning it back on but all that happens is that the TV gives control to the scart port the dvd player is connected through, but the screen stays blank. The power light stays red, as opposed to going green...

Can someone please help me!!

Thanks a lot...