1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Denon Amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by yankin, May 27, 2003.

Tags:
  1. yankin

yankin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, I have an old Denon amp that I have had for about 15 years. It is a Denon Pre-main PMA 250 and I have some questions about it...

I just up graded to a new amp and want to sell this one but I have no idea what it is worth - it works fine but I don't know if it is a good amp or something you'd find at a garage sale...

Also, I have no idea what it's power output is ... It has a power consumption of 145 W but is that it's output??? is there any way I can find out?

The other option, if it is at all possible, is to use it upstairs. My wife wants to have speakers installed in 6 rooms (like she saw in the showhomes with separate on/off/volume controls). Can this be done with my little amp if it only has outputs for 2 speakers? I says it can handle 6-16 ohms speakers...

Any help in this matter would be great...

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Hi

Here's some info on it Denon PMA250

Power is 2 x 30w (8ohms). It's only a two channel amp so I wouldn't use any more speakers than that to be honest. Second hand prices or Ex-Demo units seem to go for around 100-140 quid depending on condition.

Cheers:)

3. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    The 250 was only superceded a couple of years ago by the PMA-255.:smashin:

I think full price for this is £140.