old customer taking new £49 deal

RobTi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all
I am after a bit of advice here, cancelled my hd sky just before xmas as i couldn't get any kind of deal after loosing my job, now son want hd in his bedroomand is willing to pay towards it, so can i give him my old hd box and i get a new box if i sign back up?
Thanks
Robert

Sorry
I thought it included existing customers and new?
Robert

Yes, it does, but if you've had a HD box on an 'offer', and by that they mean pretty much any price since the product luanched as the full price was £399 then you won't be allowed the HD box at £49.

As was said, get your Son to sign up. :)

Within a year of cancelling you'd be classed as a "Returning Customer" not a new one (as far as I'm told).
So not get the £49 offer.
However, the old "Somebody else at the same address signing up" trick should still work.

Thanks for all the help , yes i got my existing Hd box on a deal a year ago so will get the son to call up.
Thanks
Robert

Just called SKY to call their bluff. I said I wanted to cancel as The £199 + £60 installation for an additional HD Box is too much......after 20 mins of discussion he tried telling me that it's worth investment and they can give me a Sky+ box for £50 etc.....

So I said please cancel....and so he did......

I obvioulsy don't want to cancel, but tell me please, I can call up before the 31 days is up to tell then I don't want to cancel.....or is it too late?

Thanks.

You could buy the second HD box from Tesco as we did in same situation as you.

It is £5 cheaper than the £199 with no £60 install charge and if you have Sky + already you take it home and plug it in. Then call Sky to pair the card.

And it is your choice to pay the second HD sub (as your multiroom sub does not include the non FTA HD Channels). Via Sky you HAVE TO take out a second HD sub. Via tesco you do not.

I obvioulsy don't want to cancel, but tell me please, I can call up before the 31 days is up to tell then I don't want to cancel.....or is it too late?

Thanks.

Sky don't want to lose customers - of course you can call them and "cancel your cancellation".

Cheers,

Martin.

Sorry for being thick, but does this mean that if I purchased my existing HD box elsewhere I can take advantage of the offer?

I just assumed they wouldn't sell it to me at £49 as I was already an HD subscriber.

Dan

Sorry for being thick, but does this mean that if I purchased my existing HD box elsewhere I can take advantage of the offer?

I just assumed they wouldn't sell it to me at £49 as I was already an HD subscriber.

Dan

I've asked about a situation similar to this and been advised that as you didn't purchase your box from Sky then YES, you could get a box at £49 but you'll need to take the HD sub for another minimum time, 12 months again.

You could buy the second HD box from Tesco as we did in same situation as you.

It is £5 cheaper than the £199 with no £60 install charge and if you have Sky + already you take it home and plug it in. Then call Sky to pair the card.

And it is your choice to pay the second HD sub (as your multiroom sub does not include the non FTA HD Channels). Via Sky you HAVE TO take out a second HD sub. Via tesco you do not.

Hmm. Shame tesco didn't have that offer when I spent £100 on a sky+ multiroom box. I'd be tempted by a 2nd HD box upstairs just for the free HD channels + more capacity for SD recordings + new EPG (for the sake of consistency if nothing more). Can I do this Tesco thing during the 12 months of my initial multiroom install? I suppose I just have to keep my sky+ box until the 12 months is up before I sell it?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom