1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old Chestnut - Plugging Consoles into VGA Monitor

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by fozziebear39, Sep 16, 2004.

1. fozziebear39

fozziebear39

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    I have searched various threads on this subject, no definitve answer yet.

I have 2 computer monitors, a TFT and a CRT both new and high quality. I want to be able to connect a PS2 and XBOX to these to save having a TV in the office and hopefully a better picture. May input Sky or Freeview as well.

I have tried the cheap VGA line doublers :mad: and also the TV Card input with Dscaler. I want better :laugh:

Looking at 2 products, Avermedia TV Box 9 and Brite-View. Thought £200 was the limit. I do have a Canopus ADVC100 which produces a good picture but it has a processing delay which is useless for Video Games. Can someone say if the Brite-View has a delay while processing the picture (the lip-sync problem)

I was considering the VD-Z3 but not many games are progressive scan.

So........ Avermedia TV Box9 or Zinwell Bright-View or....... you know better?

2. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Fozzie

i dont know if you are still looking but if you are thinking of a PC solution then www.pluggedin.tv/sweetspot is a tried and trusted solution (used by games companies). The problem you would have had with TV cards is either composite or SVideo input, both look soft compared to RGB from a console.

hope that helps

3. fozziebear39

fozziebear39

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi David
    Thanks for your interest. I have looked and considered the Sweetspot. Could you tell me if there is a noticeable processing delay on the signal, (giving lip-sync issues) as that makes video games unplayable.
    Thanks