Old cheapmod chip - can it be flashed??

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by meggie_dude, Aug 11, 2006.

1. meggie_dude

meggie_dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I have a modded xbox, which I have set up as a XBMC - NTSC for dvd upscaling.
    I am happy enough to leave it as it has, however want to know if and how it can be reflashed.
    The header pin install I did 3 or 4 yrs ago (with shaky hand), and the chip was pre-flashed when I got it. I have tried to get an answer from cheapmod via e-mail, if it is worth reflashing the chip but no response.

Do, I have to use a cheapmod bios reflash, or do I risk toasting my current mod chip by reflashing with any of the other flash options available??
    How do I find out what bios my chip has installed, and is there anything to gain from reflashing if I find a suitable one?

2. triplea4uk

triplea4uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I would leave it problem with lot of cheapmods was they could only be flashed once unless you have a re programmer also if you don't know much about it it could be one with only 256 memory all the new bios are 512 upwards.

If it isn't broke then don't worry about changing anything.

3. meggie_dude

meggie_dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Appreciate that - its pretty much as I expected.