Old CD player - spraying black to silver??

craynerd

Standard Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has ever tried this! I am really skint after just buying a new house and i have an old sony CDP791 that is doing me proud while i save up for another CD player! BUT its black and everything else is silver! Putting it in a draw is an option but not an easy one with my setup position, so i`m interested in spraying it to silver.

I have done a lot of spraying of various things and i know i can get a good quality but unsure on the actual match! The top and sides will be easy as i will be able to unscrew them and spray them as pannels! The front i would be able to do the same ONLY it has all the graphics on it! including writing! How could i mask them out effectivley?

Hummm, just want to know if anyone has had any success!

Remeber this is a really old unit, worth probably £50 max and defo due for an upgrade! Not the end of the world if the project fails!

You could try re lettering the unit with letraset graphics, I think you can get them from model shops or try re lettering the unit with letter transfers simlar to the transfers you would use on model planes and such. It will be tricky but a bit of care and a steady hand it could look pretty cool. Take a digi photo of the unit first to remind you what goes where.
John.

or just place a small piece of tape over the letters and once you have sprayed peel off ..................and you will be left with your original letters in place with a black background or border

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom