Old Beamax M-Tensioned - adjusting stops help, please

lovegroova

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have had my old Beamax M-Tensioned happily installed and running for many years now, but have recently moved house.
I have got it set up to work with a Nice TT6 control unit so it can be triggered by the projector switching on. All good so far.

However, changes in the setup means I need the screen to roll out less than before, and also, the motor is not cutting out when the screen rolls in. I have a sparate remote so fortunately can stop the motor using that.

I have the attached instructions, but turning either of the allen keys (in either direction) seems to make no difference at all.

Any help will be warmly welcomed, thanks. Is it worth trying to remove the end panel and having a look, or is that likely to make things worse.
PXL_20220907_090604665.jpg

I would be very care with those screws as I've heard people completely unravelling the screen where it falls onto the floor by adjusting the screen to much

It's a long long time since I've adjusted an M-Tension, but, the instructions are correct and if something isn't right, double check ensure you are doing it right. I seem to remember a small adjustment was enough to see a physical change for the screen lowering and stopping

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom