• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

"Old" apps on iPhone 4

stu.artd

How do apps designed for the 3G/3GS look on the iPhone 4 considerin gthe screen resolution is much higher ? Has anyone tried things like Canabalt, Plants v Zombies, Angry Birds ?

norealplan

Distinguished Member
Angry Birds playable but looks a bit jagged. I'm hoping eventually every app will be optimised for the new iPhone 4 screen. It deserves it!

zchan28

I know co pilot doesn't work, tried it this morning and it displays two small screens at the top of the screen.

Spiderkid

This is probably a dumb question, but if apps are optimised for the higher resolution screen of the iP4, will that negatively effect their playability on the 3GS? Will they have to have 2 versions of apps?

darren68uk

I know co pilot doesn't work, tried it this morning and it displays two small screens at the top of the screen.

if you havent seen my thread , heads up, co pilot are aware of it and getting a fix sorted:thumbsup:

norealplan

Distinguished Member
This is probably a dumb question, but if apps are optimised for the higher resolution screen of the iP4, will that negatively effect their playability on the 3GS? Will they have to have 2 versions of apps?

I think inside the app they will just have higher resolution text/graphics, so you may find the app sizes go up a bit. However EA released a new NFL Games yesterday, and released two separate versions, one for old iPhones and iPod Touches, and one for the new iPhone 4. Of course it is $1 more, but apparently looks a lot better.

Also another thing to factor in, is that apps optimised for the iPhone 4 screen will look a lot better natively on an iPad.

maddog2

Most look terrible. Of those that have been 'updated' though, Real Racing is the best I've seen so far. The graphics look absolutely stunning :thumbsup:

UKCanuck

I downloaded the Angry Birds iOS4 update (to support multitasking) yesterday on my 3GS. Is it just me, or does it now look like it's in "soft focus" - on the 3GS, not the 4?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom