• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Old and new: Integrating Bose speakers with a new setup...

GraemeMiller

Novice Member
Hi guys,

Currently have a new(ish) Samsung TV that has Digital Audio Out and HDMI Audio Out

I also have a set of Bose Accoustimas speakers (5+1).

In an idea world, I would love to be able to just plug the speakers into the TV and happy days; easy surround sound.

I have just decommissioned a massive Pioneer Receiver/Amp - must be 15Kg with more inputs and outputs that you can shake a stick at.

Are there any options that I can utilise that will just allow me to hook up my speakers, and allow me to control the volume through a single (the TV) remote control.

I did get part way there by buying a digital to analogue converter which took the output from the TV and allowed me to connect the speakers, but with no amplifier the audio was naturally too quiet and not controller via the TV volume.

So... any cunning suggestions?

Many thanks

Graeme

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
'cunning suggestion' - re-commission the Pioneer AVR!

You require an AVR of some sort to power the BOSE speaker system - you may be able the shave a couple of inches off of the height of the AVR with a 'slim line' model but that is going to cost a fair few £££

Joe

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom