Old Analogue channels on new Sky

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Walter mitty, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Walter mitty

Walter mitty
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

Does anybody know how or if it`s possible to get the old channels such as RTL and VOX on the new systems?

I`ve tried going to the "add new channels" and typed in the frequencies however they never show up?????????

I`m dissapointed as there are some great channels that I`m missing and I kept all the frequencies ready to install them but it seems to be no good.....Any ideas plaes?

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    This has annoyed many folks. Sadly many of the channels available through the analogue service either don't broadcast digitally or use a different Satellite to Sky.

For a complete list of "Unlisted" channels, check out http://www.wildsat.com/others.htm

:)

3. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +762
    The ones you mention are on the Astra at 19 degrees East - $ky digital is at 28 deg east. So you are beamed towards a different satellite.
    Furthermore, your digibox (as well as being only digital so no analog tuner/demodulator) will only work with 2 symbol rates. This excludes you from receiving any multiplexes other than those with SR of 22000 and 27500.
    Sky have everything nicel;y sewn up :-(

Chris Muriel, author of Digital Satellite FAQ.