1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

old 32FQ75 - No problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by trfmnd, May 24, 2002.

1. trfmnd

trfmnd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm very sorry to hear of all the problems so many of you are having with the KV 32FQ75. I bought mine in mid 2000 from Alders and it has worked flawlessly ever since, no scroll lines etc.

I wonder if there's been a firmware update that introduced a bug since I bought mine.

In order to achieve 100Hz you nneed a framestore to be able to duplicate fields, and this is done in the comb filter I think. The comb filter is a complex beast and should be a lot more exoensive than the cheapo ones that Sony bung in these tellies. The problem may therefore be originating in the comb filter.

Due to the cheap comb filter the resolution isn't as good as on Sony tubes 8 years ago. If you can get hold of a reference test card you'll see that this model can't reproduce much detail at all. Yet I'm still happy with the pix quality! I don't know why, it just looks great

I bow to the superior knowledge on this forum but thought it important to point out my experience. <now, where's my white stick>

Tim

2. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No - comb filters enhance "detail" for composite video (they separate luminance and chrominance signals) and this is unrelated to 100Hz functionality. They don't process RGB or S-Video input either and many have reported scrolling bars on these too.

3. trfmnd

trfmnd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for clarifyong that and putting me right.

In 100Hz how are the fields duplicated? There are two fields per frame, say a and b, to get 100Hz are they duplicated aabb or abab? My guess is abab for interlacing.

cheers
    Tim

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0