• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Old 3 year old P7P55D-E Pro & 128GB Crucial m4 help

Meridius

Hi all just needed some advice on connecting a 128GB Crucial m4 to a P7P55D-E Pro which has the following SATA controllers:

6x Intel 3gb
1x JMicron
2x Marvell 6G

I have set them all to AHCI. I was woundering which port to use to get the macx performance since this is an older motherboard.

I am going to install windows 7 pro from fresh and wanted to know what your thoughts are on connecting this.

cheers for any help

llama

The Marvell 6G solutions are normally not so good, one of the Intel 3G slots would probably better.

The reason for this is that the Marvel chips normally "steal" bandwidth from the PCI-e x1 slots, which is capped at 250MB/sec anyway, so you do get fairly good speed, but the Intel controller is directly in the chipset. These normally top out around 290MB/sec. Although everyones implementation is different, this is generally true.

Meridius

Thanks. But my motherboard uses a plx chip or somthing called that to stop it stealing the bandwidth.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom