• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Oknyo HTS5405 or go for an All in One?

nmjams

Standard Member
g'mornin all, i posted a question yesterday in another part of this forum and was told that this forum would be better to get some help, so bare with me please!

I have a 42" LCD, PS3, Sky HD, and a pc (used for music mainly no optical port or HDMI)

i've been looking at the Oknyo HTS5405
Onkyo HTS5405 i dont know if this make is any good, i've come across some mixed reviews.

I would Like an All in one though, I've revised my budget from £200 to around £350.
Cheers for all your help :D

mentm

For the amount of sources you have an all-in-one isn't going to be any good since most of them only have two inputs one optical and one rca.

For that reason I would recommend one of the onkyo systems such as the 5405, they don't really have much competition in this area but there is also the denon 1311xp and yamaha av67.

nmjams

Standard Member
Okay, I'm now torn between the Onkyo HTS540 and the denon 1311x. the denon comes in at £80 cheaper but which 1 is better? i cant really tell if there is a big difference

NathObeaN

Standard Member
I'm utterly confused. The Onkyo system you quote is an All-in-One system is it not... AV reciever, wires, speakers and Active Bass... All-in-One?

Plus, @ the other guy saying it won't support what you have? The Onkyo actually has 4 HDMI sockets and 2 optical sockets as well as many RCA sockets. I should know, I own one.

Look on the manufacturers website for details:

Onkyo Europe - HT-S5405

The Oknyo also comes with native support for iPhone/iPod as well as AM/FM radio and other bits and bobs. It also comes with Audyssey technology which I have found to be fantastic.

EDIT: Sorry mentm, misread your post, forgive me :).

Last edited:

themediaman

I'm utterly confused. The Onkyo system you quote is an All-in-One system is it not... AV reciever, wires, speakers and Active Bass... All-in-One?

My understanding of an all in one is simply the addition of a bluray DVD player.........

So in this case the Onkyo is probably best as the PS3 can play the HD content and the connectivity of the Onkyo is far superior, allowing you to attach many more devices in the future..........

mottswiggy

Standard Member
I started out like this a couple of months ago and decided to go with the onkyo 5405 after hearing it. If your comparing it to all-in-one systems it's a no brainer because alot of them dont have additional connections for extra gear and chances are they wont sound as good.

I never managed to listen to the denon package as nowhere had one for demos but the onkyo sounds nice.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom