OKI TVV20 (LCD TV) original resolution?

johnyept

Novice Member
Reaction score
A friend just gave me an OKI TVV20 TV, it has connections for antenna, 2 SCARTs, VGA+Audio and Composite. It has no manual, nor I could find anything related to specs or manual for this TV, just a lot of remotes for sale. I connected the VGA to a PC but I can't figure out what's the correct resolution, I tried 1024x768 (the lowest supported by the PC) and upwards but they all seem off, and the higher I go the more compressed the text looks...

Compresssed as in picture compression type artefacts? If you mean it's getting smaller than that's normal.

If it doesn't have component or HDMI then I'd suspect it's an SD TV.

Exactly, the image gets compressed on higher resolutions, and it has no HDMi, only VGA, SCART and Composite. Could the original resolution be lower than 1024x768? I can try to force 800x600 with an external program since the lowest option in the computer is 1024x768.

Solved! Found the same model being sold for parts online, and the LCD is a Chunghwa CLAA201VA07. A quick Google search resulted in this PDF:
It clearly states that it is 640x480, confirming that it's in fact an SD TV, and why it looks compressed at 1024x768. The minimum resolution supported by the PC is 1024x768, so I'll try an external program to test lower resolutions. Thanks for all the help ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom