Okay, so there are now SEVEN different versions of a Creative X-Fi card....

NicolasB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone explain the differences between them all?

:lease:

Also, does anyone know when we might see a PCI-Express version of X-Fi? I know there have been all sorts of problems, but surely they must have solved most of them by now...?

The best thing to do is go to Creatives site and you can compare the different versions. If your running Vista though I wouldn't bother as they still don't work properly with all features and probably never will.

Manufacturers' websites never help. They are always written in marketing language rather than English. :) In particular, they will describe each product by giving you a list of features that's at least 50 items long. What's needed is a description that says not "card X has all of these features" but "card X is exactly the same as card Y except..." and then a list that's only two or three items long.

I was able to keep track of X-Fi cards when there were four different models (the main differences being the type of external break-out box, if any, and the presence or absence of "X-RAM") but since they made the jump from 4 models to 7... :confused:.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom