1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay, my system is coming together now ...

Discussion in 'TVs' started by jackal2513, Aug 1, 2002.

1. jackal2513

jackal2513

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its been a minefield and my thanks goes out to teh members of this forum.

The 42" pannasonic will arrive shortly courtsy of Joe at Media Factory. The Acoustic Energy Aego P5 is in the post. I have the Toshiba 210 dvd already and have bought a "silver" IXOS component lead to plug the tosh straight into the plasma. I am also in the process of sourcing a very cheap used Nokia Mediamaster for the FTV tv. I've also done a large amount of reading on teh net about screen burn, wobblers and screen savers etc..

To be honest I've never even sampled a half-decent home cinema before so no doubt i'll be presently surprised. I used to have a pretty high end linn/Naim system way way back but never anything decent visual wise.

A few final questions for now. Firstly, shall i connect the dvd to teh AEGO amp with optical or normal digital cable ? Also, is www.play.com the cheapest place for DVD's here in the UK ?

regards

Rich

2. browellm

browellm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hoping to do a similar thing myself very soon, decided to buy the Pace DVTA, Quattro+ Scart Box, order on it's way to John Sim for his convertor.
    Wife veto'd 42" panny but has OK'd the 37" model even though the external dimensions are hardly any smaller :rolleyes: Keeps the boss happy though ;)
    Murdoch can kiss my ass for the time being.

3. browellm

browellm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Oh btw, Play 247 always seems cheapest for me too.

4. jmack

jmack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i have a toshiba 42 and the aego 5 i also never had a home cinema before so this blows me away.
    its also very nise size for the room its in
    ntl to plasma via rgb to vga
    normal phono`s to aego
    dvd to plasma via component or s-video (not sure my lecson is prog scanning the tosh cant seem to grab the signel if you know what i mean ntsc, so using s-video at moment.
    dvd to aego via coaxiel

5. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would connect audio from DVD to Amp using an optical cable - it's meant to be better than coax.

Also, I use play.com all the time for DVD's CD's and Games - always found them cheap and good service too. I'd be interested to know if you find somewhere cheaper/better.

6. browellm

browellm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Coming from my hi-fi (cd transports+DACs) background, I wouldn't touch optical with a barge pole. However, with most mid range DVD players and crappy "coax" digital interconnects there probably isn't much in it.