Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

OK... What do I do now? NW-HD5 and 2 computers

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Castar, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Castar

Castar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, here's the thing. I converted about 60 cds on my laptop and transfered them to the NW-HD5H. Then I left my laptop in Greece (with my music database) and returned to the UK . I tried to connect the player on my desktop pc and the only thing I get is that the device has to be intialised to be used with SonicStage.

Does this mean that I will loose all of my converted music by initialising? :eek:

If yes, is there a way of using the device as is with my desktop pc?

Not feeling very happy with OpenMG right now... :mad:

2. IanPM

IanPM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I believe I am right in saying that you won't loose your music. Please check before taking my word for it. To the best of my knowlege when you put music on an HD5 it is authorised then, and can be added to.

Obviously, you won't be able to take the music off the HD5.

3. Castar

Castar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The problem is solved now, I used the official SS 3.1 from the UK site instead of 3.2 that I tried before. I will now try to update and see if it works.

Thanks and sorry for posting a non-existent problem

4. Castar

Castar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, even though I can use the player normally with SS 3.1 when I install SS 3.2 I keep getting something like "The device has to be initialized to be used with this version of SonicStage". Probably because the OpenMG module of 3.2 is 4.2.00 while the one for 3.1 is 4.1.00.

Oh well, I will just have to wait for the official release of SS 3.2 in Europe...

5. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hehe, you should have my HD5, there is no recognition by sonicstage, there is no 'original computer' it just plugs into any of my computers and SS allows you to transfer tracks. No initialising, no authorising, but also no transferring tracks back to the library, which i dont care since they are all on my computers anyway, and Ive got them networked (would be nice though). Problem is that you have to have one library, you can't have the same album on two computers or it will transfer it twice (auto transfer), but i don't care, i just have the library containing the songs that that computer has on it.
    I still don't know why this happens or whether its SS or the player itself. Not complaining either.