Ok thats it im jealous

eric pisch

Novice Member
My brother in law has just sent me some pics of his su-16 and ar-15 :(

I have gone green with envy, I now look like the hulk if he had let himself go 20 years ago :D

Of course in this nanny state you get nicked for carrying a butter knife but in the good old US of A you can own proper toys !

Anyone want to sponsor me for a green card?

For those that have no idea what im on about

AR-15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhtTHAv0HSc

SU-16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCDm-QM8Tao

They dont have a problem with hoodies in his neighbour hood :us::thumbsup:

inzaman

Its quite an ironic post, i was out with some friends last night and one has just taken up clay pigeon shooting and has just got a shot gun. I was saying that i am not really into shot guns but if i lived in the US i would definitely have some form of high powered rifle and go down the gun range regularly, just like your bro in law - thats just looks great imo :cool:

eric pisch

Novice Member
Its quite an ironic post, i was out with some friends last night and one has just taken up clay pigeon shooting and has just got a shot gun. I was saying that i am not really into shot guns but if i lived in the US i would definitely have some form of high powered rifle and go down the gun range regularly, just like your bro in law - thats just looks great imo :cool:
I think you have hit the nail on the head, they have so many clubs and professional run ranges, that you can really enjoy shooting as a hobby in a very safe way and fairly cheaply as well.

Mac User

Naqv

lol. I think I saw a hezbollah member with the AR-15 yesterday on the news, but yeah, even though I have never touched a gun, I would probably get a couple if they were legal in the U.K, as a hobby.

Gary D

Distinguished Member
and this from the same poster who would bang anyone up for smoking weed and eating a mars bar - but would allow automatic weapons in their neigbourhood. i was lucky the god lord saw fit to "see me alright i the downstairs department" so i dont need to compensate by buying guns. ;)

i can see it out on the news now..

"we'll he had an argument with his wife, it was very heated, he then went rampaging round the streets with a spliff smoking it. he came back half an hour later he's bought some fruit juice and donuts and was perfectly calm"

or

"we'll he had an argument with his wife, it was very heated, he then went rampaging round the streets with a gun threatening people it. it was like Dunblane, or Hungerford, or Columbine, or Georgia tech or Chelsea last week"

Gary

Sporran

i was lucky the god lord saw fit to "see me alright i the downstairs department"
Give us the tecnhnical details, is it semi/fully automatic or manual reload :D
And whats the recoil like lol

Moviebuff

it was automatic when i was younger, then it reverted to manual :)
You can always get it deactivated - or use it as a blank firer! ;)

overkill

Distinguished Member
it was automatic when i was younger, then it reverted to manual :)
Funny, that seems common when you get to 40. It seemed to have such a long range when you were younger, it's magazine seemed so much easier to re-charge, and the barrel remained straight with no effort at all. Nowadays it has to be cleaned regularly or the sight droops...............

As for it's longevity, well, when I first had it, it could fire for ages, now, well, a few days 'down in the firing range' a month is all it can manage.

andykn

Novice Member
Give me the good old "nanny state" every time.

You are as likely to be killed by a gun in the US as be killed in a road accident in the UK.

So, of those spectators who were at the last US NFL superbowl, at least 3 will be killed by guns by the time of the next superbowl.

I heard that, if you buy a gun in the US you are over 20 times more likely to get shot than if you don't.

Dextur

Distinguished Member
and this from the same poster who would bang anyone up for smoking weed and eating a mars bar - but would allow automatic weapons in their neigbourhood. i was lucky the god lord saw fit to "see me alright i the downstairs department" so i dont need to compensate by buying guns. ;)

i can see it out on the news now..

"we'll he had an argument with his wife, it was very heated, he then went rampaging round the streets with a spliff smoking it. he came back half an hour later he's bought some fruit juice and donuts and was perfectly calm"

or

"we'll he had an argument with his wife, it was very heated, he then went rampaging round the streets with a gun threatening people it. it was like Dunblane, or Hungerford, or Columbine, or Georgia tech or Chelsea last week"

Gary

It all started innocently, I was just into knives, used them a little here and there before I knew it it lead to guns, now I've got a uzi .. I don't think I have suffered any side effects though, but the neighbours and that guy in the car who flicked me off seemed to have.

Harj

I've recently come back from the USA after a 2 week break , in which time I drove over 2,000 miles, hiked into Grand Canyon, lost money in Vegas, watched LA Galexy play football, chilled at Venice beach and Santa Monica, drove into endless lonely desert roads ,drove up Highway 1, chilled in San Francisco, went to Yosemites national park...And yet some posters would consider shooting a fun hobby instead!!!!!

If I lived in the USA, there are far more better things to do than firing off a gun.

Guns are killing machines, simple as that, and banned they should be.

overkill

Distinguished Member
I've recently come back from the USA after a 2 week break , in which time I drove over 2,000 miles, hiked into Grand Canyon, lost money in Vegas, watched LA Galexy play football, chilled at Venice beach and Santa Monica, drove into endless lonely desert roads ,drove up Highway 1, chilled in San Francisco, went to Yosemites national park...And yet some posters would consider shooting a fun hobby instead!!!!!

If I lived in the USA, there are far more better things to do than firing off a gun.

Sad facts. One of my relatives was threatened (by a Police officer!) with a gun on a trip to the US, while a relative of the wife's was killed by someone with a gun.

Nowhere else, in a family that is spread out across the globe, has that happened.

While gun crime is hardly a 'non issue' in the UK, I doubt very much that the majority can cite that.

Dextur

Distinguished Member
I've alway liked Chris Rocks method of reducing the murder rate in the states, don't bother trying to clean up the guns, just make bullets cost $5,000 each.

"Damm, can't kill that m-******, need to work 3 months to afford the bullet, folks be working their **** out from now on, not shooting their **** out.

On a personal note, guns in a firing range I have no problem with, under proper supervision, I can't see a massive difference between that an archery etc.

It's the insane opinion IMO, that guns don't kill people, people do. Yeah, well when was the last time you saw a gunman hold his hand sidewise pull his "finger" and somebody dropped down dead.

The more easy access guns are the more people die, the more deluded kids can walk into Walmart and get a gun and shoot up the school the more easily accessable they become the more potential for death increases.

Anyway , different discussion I guess, but gun ranges in general, no problem , why not, hit a target, all good fun.

mrapbp

Yea cos thats what it is all about........ Same as people with flash sports cars having small ones as well I guess??

Well I have a flash sports car and would LOVE to be a member of a gun club (does that mean I have a small one?)

Cant think of a better way to spend a Saturday afternoon tbh.

OP, I am also very jealous of your brother in-law (apart from having to tollerate Americans on a daily basis!!;)) perhaps time for a family visit!!

i was lucky the god lord saw fit to "see me alright i the downstairs department" so i dont need to compensate by buying guns. ;)

biggles1958

Novice Member

so you want to see clay pigeon/game/vermin control banned?

because you don't like guns does not mean others should be denied their sport/pastime

i game shoot and stalk deer (and a bit of clay pigeon as well) - what harm am i doing?

plenty of people enjoy target shooting - which i have done and its requires great skill - Olympic shooters also train with rifles but must train in Europe with pistols because of our stupid laws:mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
NAD launches CI 16-60 DSP amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky seals Studiocanal movie deal
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett