1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok Thats It Im Gonna Buy A Portable Had Enough Driving Me Mad

Discussion in 'TVs' started by bigjonnyauk, Jul 28, 2004.

1. bigjonnyauk

bigjonnyauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    HI ALL

RIGHT THIS IS A LONG STORY SO GRAB A DRINK AND HERE MY WOES LOL

i have just bought some new cables to replace my cheapy ones.

on installing them all went fine then i hit a problem the ps2 which is connected to av2non rgb comes on great but only if the ntl box which is connected to the rgb av1 scart is set at composite and not rgb when set to rgb the following happens

i cant see the picture for ps2 on av2 all there is is a very faint picture of the ntl av1 channel sliding across the screen but when i set the ntl back to composite ps2 pic is fine but ntl pic is rubbish

now do you think this is a problem with my television as it is only a cheap bush 28inch w/s i bought from tesco for 220 quid 17 months ago

"so how come you only just noticed i hear you say " Well we used to have a game cube and connected via the yellow composite in the side

i have a new t.v coming friday not a top of range but the best i could afford a toshiba 32z44 the new updated one from last years model (i still cant find one review anywhere on the net for it

SEE BELOW FOR CONTIUATION LOL :rolleyes:

2. bigjonnyauk

bigjonnyauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    this also has just one rgb and one non rgb but i am hoping the ghosting cures itself and it was the fault of the tele (what do you think )

MY OTHER PROB IS

with all these rgb connections needed i dont really have enough rgb scarts as you see so have been looking at those switch boxes

but here lies a different story the way i have my set up at the minute allows me to do the following

the lad plays his ps2 quite a bit and it means me having to record a few programs therefore i can just set my video to l2 set the ntl channel and press record while he is still playing

the only way i have been able to do this is by connecting the following

NTL BOX tv(out) to television >Av1
    NTL BOX vcr out to l2 in on vcr
    t.v rf lead to in on vcr and rf lead out to rf in on tv

when i watch a video i watch on channel 0 though

i am not sure how to connect it any other way

and then there is my dvd player which just gets plugged in when needed

so basically this is what i want to do but how as it means all 3 peices of equipment turned on

be able to have all rgb inputs working as rgb to av1 channel

be able to record from ntl while the lad is playing his ps2 on av2

i just dont know it all getting to much lol

cables i am using so you may judge if they are rubbish or not

rf cables standard ones
    ntl to television=THOR
    ntl to vcr=THOR
    dvd to tv= THOR
    ps2 to tv blaze rgb super one

any other leads that may cause probs

only others are ixos subwoofer and ixos coax digital to amp

would solve a lot of problems if this new tv has a svideo or component but i just couldnt push the boat out that far but then again lack of reviews and all sites just seem to have basic specs on it it might have

the tosh website is useless aswell cant get the page up to display info any help would be grand thanks

or the whole lot goes on the fire lol