OK so it's idle curiosity!

boyohboy

Standard Member
Anyone know who makes the camera lenses for Fuji? I've had loads of cameras including various Fuji cameras over the years and have always been pleased with the quality of their lenses. Notwithstanding this, I have always had the suspicion that they actually contract-out the manufacture of their lenses maybe to Canon or Minolta or another of the well-established lens/camera manufacturers. What leads me to think this is that I've never seen any mention of their lens production line in their advertising,
I know it doesn't matter who makes what so long as the quality is there but I'd just like to know.

geoff m

I'm pretty sure that Fuji are a major manufacturer of lenese in their own right under the Fujinon brand. :)

senu

Distinguished Member
Why do you not think they make ( or at least design thier own lenses?)Why shouldnt Fuji make their own brand fujinon lenses?
They certainly make their own sensors
Samsung use Schiender,
Sony ,Carl Ziess and Panasonic Leica
They may also use own branded lenses probably contracted out

As an aside
Some of Canons high end non-DSLRS (Powershot ProOne) use sensors made by Sony and Samsungs DSLR is almost a Nikon D200 clone
Makes you wonder what parts live in many "Branded" products
Plenty of be curious about eh?

boyohboy

Standard Member
Why do you not think they make ( or at least design thier own lenses?)Why shouldnt Fuji make their own brand fujinon lenses?
They certainly make their own sensors
Samsung use Schiender,
Sony ,Carl Ziess and Panasonic Leica
They may also use own branded lenses probably contracted out

As an aside
Some of Canons high end non-DSLRS (Powershot ProOne) use sensors made by Sony and Samsungs DSLR is almost a Nikon D200 clone
Makes you wonder what parts live in many "Branded" products
Plenty of be curious about eh?
As I said in my original posting, I've never seen anything regarding lens manufacture in their advertising. Sure, lots of companies go outside of their own factories to obtain things like sensors in the same way that most modern TVs have LCD screens made by Samsung. In the case of lenses it would certainly make economic sense for them to be bought in. As I said, idle curiosity.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom