ok simple question lol

O

oscarmadfish

or maybe not lol
which is the best HD tv under 2000 quid ?
i have my mind set on the Panasonic TH-37PV500
please burst my bubble or make my day
OMF

anyone got an opinion ?
or anyone got anything to say about the Panasonic TH-37PV500 ?

Your eyes are more important than the views of anybody here, make sure you view a good selection of both SD and HD sources and then make the decision based on YOUR opinions of each screen.

i will indeed let my eyes choose in the end :smashin:
but i like to hear opinions both good and bad :D :eek:
and peoples experience with the above mentioned set can be very usefull :smashin:
thanks for your input :)

I don't know...surely if all setup the same with exactly the same demo etc most if not all HD TV's will look as good ?

I don't think any HD demo's are setup in the Brighton area anyway or has that changed now can anyone confirm ?

Don't most companies use just a hadful of plasma screens anyway ie Panasonic, and Philips etc ?

I just hope we get good HD content and specification to excuse the many 10's of 1000's spent between now and next year...It better be worth it!

tbh you cant go wrong with a pv500, ive got the 42 and it is just stunning, was watching some imax dolphin docu in 1080i last night on mine and normal sd material just looks so dull in comparison.

Cant wait to watch the material Ive got in 1080i on my 42pv500. Thursday cant come quick enough. Anyone be able to advise me where the cheapest place is to get a cable for linking the computer to the plasma.

oscarmadfish said:
or maybe not lol
which is the best HD tv under 2000 quid ?
i have my mind set on the Panasonic TH-37PV500
please burst my bubble or make my day
OMF

HDTV Tuner!!!
I thought the panasonic had a freeview digital tuner not HDTV :mad:
You must have meant a HDTV set. :D

My pv500 has behaved itself extremely well and now after almost 4 months, the pictures keeps getting better and better. I am pleased with my purchase.

That said there is a wide selection of decent HDTV sets and my best advice to you would be to demo as many TV's as possible and make an informed decision.

But to be honest you wouldn't go wrong with a pv500 :D

Your onto a winner with the Pv500 theres no doubt. Some prefer the Pioneer but that has the dreaded judder and not as deep blacks as the Panny.

Personally, if I had the money thats exactly the model I'd buy - the Panasonic 37PV500 - looking at it in John Lewis's in Liverpool the other day I thought it was head and shoulders above everything else. As it happens I'm gonna have to go with the Toshiba 32WLT58. More in my price range.

UPDATE:

I'd buy it right now if I were you....how jealous am I???? :eek:

http://www.comet.co.uk/comet/html/cache/455_260932.html

Surely the best value ever for £1770 with Free delivery!

RecordablDVDfan said:
I don't think any HD demo's are setup in the Brighton area anyway or has that changed now can anyone confirm ?
QUOTE]

Sevenoaks Sound & Vision on Western Road/Church Road junction in Hove has HD set-up - well at least they did when I lived there 9 months ago :eek:)
They were showing the Euro1080 HD TV Feed on a plasma in the Window... looked pretty good

thanks for the feedback folks :thumbsup:
no bubble bursters just day makers so far :smashin:
i will certainly buy a HD set before xmas and the panny is still favorite :)
god knows what i will do with the 42 inch one i have now :rolleyes:
anyone wanna buy a techwood :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: dont all answer at once because FOOK OFF ofends me :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
OMF

not sure if I can write this or not and apologies if I cant, but scan.co.uk do pretty good deals on cables - DVI to HDMI less than a tenner :thumbsup: If I ever need anything for the PC, I look there first cos their delivery times are about the most reliable I've ever come across.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom