1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OK !! Serious dilemma !!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by DodgeTheViper, Nov 14, 2001.

1. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,209
    Having been into Home Cinema for some years now, I like many others , am on the upgrade path for a new speaker system.

I currently have the Mirage AVS-500 Sub/ Sat system which, is very good but, i now want to change it, (see the ad. under misc.) and there is my dilemma.

Size is most important so , Sub/Sat is the way to go. I am really tempted by M&K K Series through rave reviews. But then what about Def. Tech. Pro Cinema package ? Incidentally i dont want Kef 'eggs'. The Def. Techs are around £1000 and the M&K system around £1800 so you can guess that i want a quality system. I would also like it to be quite musical and not just a cinema package. Being able to pack quite a punch with movies is a must !

Please help with any suggestions or comments, either through your own experiences or reviews that you,ve read!

Cheers
    Kev

2. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I implore you to audition the Ruark Contempory R series. You can get them at Severnoaks. I think HCC did a review a while back and it's all true. I have them and am hugely delighted, not only are they sensational for cinema but musically they are great too, even for SACD. Please give them a go.

Steve

3. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    But not sub/sat. Sorry. Ignore.

4. pc

pc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The k series is fantastic!!! I've been using these for a few months now and am delighted. The k4 tripole is outstanding and give the best possible dispersion of any rear speaker anywhere near the size or price. If you want it to be great on music too, then the k3's will have to be the choice for front speakers. Awesome! John @sevenoaks liverpool has them on demonstration and knows his stuff......

5. Audio Illusion

Audio Illusion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why don't you try the Piega S3 Sat / Combo. This system is fantastic. Check out the Piega website - www.piega.ch

Lynda

6. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    In an age when Kef Eggs and sliced bread seem to be mentioned in the same sentence I can certainly vouch for the Def Tech Pro Cinema as I use their sats with an REL Q Bass and am very pleased with the sound.

If you can't find anyone to dem them to you in Cheshire, pop down to Tamworth and listen to mine.

Ian

7. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,209
    Thanks for the help guys.

Ian , appreciate the offer, thanks.

I have now bought M&K's K series ( love 'em ) with the Denon 3802 ( wicked )

Cheers
    Kev