1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok...really bugged now :)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ani4ani, Jul 23, 2004.

1. ani4ani

ani4ani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +176
    I thought I had made my mind up and was only one "last best price" search from placing my order.

I had decided on a Hitachi PJ-TX10, mainly because of the lens shift function which would suit my installation perfectly. This coupled with the lens zoom of 2:1 clinches it. I can only have a 1.5 m wide screen and my projector needs to be 3m+ away from it.

Then sigh, I read about the Optoma H30 and the Screenplay 4800 and how much better DLP is and grr, both have a lens zoom that would suit and back to the start again! You wait for a bus and the 3 come along at the same time :)

Now I discover that the 4800 is really the X1 being sold on Ebuyer for less than £600 - is this really true, can I get this 5 star rated DLP projector in another guise for <£600?

I can get the TX10 for £748. The H30 is £1089 [lowest I have found], will I really get that much of better image quality to spend the extra ~£350? on my relatively small screen will it be really that noticable. What about the TX100, sort of 1/2 way between the TX10 & H30 price wise?

I know that these questions must have been answered a 1000 x, but thanks in anticipation

2. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2