Ok now have a £350 budjet, please help!

stardamage

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have now upped my budget to £350 for a new laptop.
What do people recommend, i have seen the hp one in pc world, is that a good idea. Is there anything better out there for my money. Dont need it to be any more powerful than that one mentioned. Dont want to suddenly find out it doesnt have a way of conecting to my hd tv or some other little thing that might come in useful.
Any ideas?

Thanks, that looks pretty good. Not sure if i can stretch that far though, i'll have a think.
Does anyone know if this is any good
ACER Aspire 5736 Red Laptop at cheap prices | PC World

or how it compares to the one mentioned in the reply.

no, the Sony is not worth it IMHO

the £20 difference between the Acer and the ASUS, would make me still go for the ASUS, as the core i3 does have hyper-threading

do a quick search of this board as a member a few days ago posted a core i3 Acer that although £399 did have a £25 discount code to it, not sure if still valid

Asus one out of stock.
Any other ideas under 400. Going to get one today probably, so need help.
Will just be getting from high street so argos, comet, pc world, curry's etc.

So looking for a better one than this really.

ACER Aspire 5736 Red Laptop at cheap prices | PC World

Probably going out around 12, so advice quick please, cheers.

One of these? Better than that one, bigger HD

ACER Aspire 5742Z buy online | Currys

You can do collect from store and there is a promotional code which may work 15POUND or 5% off SAVE5 - might be more

Last edited:
Looks like the red one is quicker but I am no expert!

My Mum is buying me a new laptop this weekend and I am considering that ASUS - what's the general consensus on it? If we were to up the budget by £100 would we get much more? Don't need it for gaming and I am confined to Comet and Currys as they are the only stores near us and she wants to actually buy it, not order it over the internet.

My Mum is buying me a new laptop this weekend and I am considering that ASUS - what's the general consensus on it? If we were to up the budget by £100 would we get much more? Don't need it for gaming and I am confined to Comet and Currys as they are the only stores near us and she wants to actually buy it, not order it over the internet.

if you up the budget for anything, you always get more

but this is a very very good laptop for the money (brand new) and I would whole heartedly recommend it :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom