• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ok need some help !!!

splnter

I have a pioneer vsx-1015 amp .. old i know.. lol
Also im using a Rotel - Rb985 mk 11 as a power amp.
Witch is running 3 m&k mp-150 & A pair of SS15o,s .

Im using 6.1 at mo and would like to keep it that way,
But the pioneer amp has a problem the vol on the amp dont work, I can use the remote but sometimes i like to sit by the amp and play. :)

So what i want to know am i better to get a new all in Integrated av ?
Ie something like the Onkyo 876, or the denon avr-4308.

Or keep the Rotel and get a pre amp ??

Thanks Ian .

davepuma

Distinguished Member
I don't think it's a case of no-one knowing, all you're going to get is an opinion and in the end, the only opinion that counts is yours. Are you happy with the sound? Your signature or posts don't reveal what sources you have. I personally would add a pre-proc or even a cheap AV Receiver with pre-outs to fulfil that role. Obviously which one would depend on your sources.

splnter

hi. well im getting sky hd soon so i want to start using the hdmi,s i have a dvd player at the mo with hdmi but dont use it alot as i use the dvd recorder most of the time. But my son also brings his ps3 down and hooks that up.
Also have a wireless server i use to stream stuff to the plasma, but want to upgrade that soon too as i cant watch hd on that.

And as i have the projector too i want two hdmi,s out save me unpluging one to put one in everytime i want to use it. lol

I do watch alot of films , but also listen to music .

Thanks .

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom