ok, lets see yours! <<<lots of pictures, 56k beware!!>>>

Very nice Woz.

Can you tell me what screen you have and if the plastic trim that you have placed on the ceiling comes with it or is it home made?

Cheers,

Steve

Sorry Woz one other question, what are your room dimensions? I have a 12ft long x 11ft wide lounge that I would like to set up like yours. Is this adequate for the Z2 and is the PQ good?

Thanks,

Steve

Originally posted by SteveJR
Very nice Woz.

Can you tell me what screen you have and if the plastic trim that you have placed on the ceiling comes with it or is it home made?

Cheers,

Steve

It's from DRH screens - it's the 7 foot diagonal electric one they do - 409 quid. Seems fine - not a ripple in sight, and I don't expect that to change as I don't have to pull it up and down.

Sorry Woz one other question, what are your room dimensions? I have a 12ft long x 11ft wide lounge that I would like to set up like yours. Is this adequate for the Z2 and is the PQ good?

Thanks,

Steve

You should be fine - my PJ is 10 foot away from the screen and is in the middle of its zoom range. The calculator at projectorcentral seems accurate for this. If you want to mount the screen into the ceiling cavity, bear in mind you need to make sure the joists run the right direction!
It's my first PJ, but a mate has the Epson TW...erm something...cost 2.5 k and I think the Z2 looks as good to my eyes....bear in mind that neither of us have done any tweaking at all.

Woz,

Thanks for the above info. Looks like the credit card will be taking a bashing very soon!

With regards to the cables you have, can you tell me which ones you bought from VDC?

Cheers,

Steve

Woz,

Thanks for the above info. Looks like the credit card will be taking a bashing very soon!

With regards to the cables you have, can you tell me which ones you bought from VDC?

Cheers,

Steve

Items making up the order
Stock Code Product Configuration Cost Total
4 x 110-273 phono ~ phono Van Damme 75 ofc video leads 15m 47.76
110-179 VDC 4 pole SVHS cables 15m 19.47
104-240 pre-made monitor and PC cables VGA male ~ male 10m 1 18.91

Total £87.79

VAT £15.36

GrandTotal £103.15

Bear in mind that I don't have a switching amp (well, it will only switches s-video) so I wanted maximum flexibility.
Also - I didn't get a DVI-I as the run I wanted was initially 15m and that's way out of spec for DVI....but I've since rerouted the cable and I could get away with a 10m one now I think. I'll probably make do with a VGA -> DVI converter cable, which I can get from one of the spares at work.
VDC don't currently sell DVI.
Their service was excellent though.

Woz,

Thanks for all the info. Looks like I'll have a busy weekend soon!

Out of interest, how long did it take you to install everything?

Steve

Woz,

Thanks for all the info. Looks like I'll have a busy weekend soon!

Out of interest, how long did it take you to install everything?

Steve

Logistically, it seemed to take ages, but the PJ and the screen arrived saturday am, and I had everything installed by the evening....bar that one bit of coving I added sunday morning.

Planning the cabling was the hardest part - I didn't know how I was going to do it, and it was only once I started playing around with putting the screen in the ceiling cavity that I had the nerve to route cables up there too.

I've got to thank my wife for the idea of where to put it though. I suggested the ceiling cavity, but I was going to bring it forwards in front of the telly - she was the one that said to put it between the lights and the wall.

Here is my HT. One more cable to hide and still waiting for the carpet.

Attachments

• pic01.jpg
    pic01.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 3,425
Here's my nearly finished HT. Just need to paint the walls and ceiling darker.

email1.jpg

email2.jpg

HC4.jpg

Here's a pic of the room before I sold my RPTV:

http://members.lycos.co.uk/HenryYuen/hpbimg/Room+BFD.jpg

Equipment list:

Sony VW12HT
81" Nexnix electric screen
Pioneer DV757Ai
Pioneer VSX2011
Arcam FMJ CD23
Arcam FMJ A22 stereo amp
Dynaudio Contour MKII mains
Dynaudio Audience 42C centre
Mission M7DS rears
Velodyne CHT15 + BFD

The room is in a ground floor flat. It's 9' wide and 16' deep with a 7'6'' ceiling made of plasterboard. There are metal supporting beams running above the ceiling at regular intervals, so I fixed the projector mount and the screen brackets directly to these beams with screws. The video cables had to be chased into the front wall all the way up the front wall before they disappear into the ceiling (it's behind the screen on the left so you can't see the damage which I'll need to paint over). Also hidden behind the very top of the screen is the remote control receiver. The electrician installed a new spur on the front wall (behind the sub) which feeds the projector and the screen. I used a 1.5mm 3 core screened mains cable from the spur to the projector to avoid interfering with the video signals. The installation of the projector, screen, RF receiver, spur, mains + video cabling only took about 5 hours in total (the electrician did most of the work under my guidance). I had quite a lot of time to think about it before hand so I knew pretty much exactly what needed to be done, I just didn't have the hands-on abilities to do it all by myself so I hired the electrician for the day.

There's a link to mine in the signature, (thats if CRT rooms are not banned on the LCD/DLP forum)

Alan Westy and Godfather
Very nice m8.:smashin:

Godfather.

Man that room is awesome :eek:

I'm so jealous, I want a bigger flat!

omg Godfather your room is so nice!and the others look great as well!
I will post pics of my room in a few weeks when i have everything together-i have taken pics of my old set up so i will post before and after pics. I just really want everything to come together!
fred

I agree.

Godfather - your room is most definitely lustworthy. I'm a little confused as to why there's a giant sword on top of your DVD Storage Cabinet, however.

Perhaps I'm missing something...

Originally posted by Dimmy
Perhaps I'm missing something...

No doubt you would be if you were to break into Godfather's house :devil:.

Originally posted by chips
No doubt you would be if you were to break into Godfather's house :devil:.

And yet more of the unspoken laws of the Hi-Fi world are unveiled to me...

Kill those who try to steal from you with Samauri Swords...

Maybe he should have a horses head in the middle of the sofa

That's not just any sword. It's Blade's sword - an exact replica. :D

Thanks for the kind words. I used to have a big RPTV which I loved to bits but I think the room does look better now with the drop down screen (remote controlled of course :clap: ). There's a big window behind so the room looks fairly 'normal' when the screen is rolled up.

nice room godfarther altho i think you could do with one or two more dvd's.

very nice rooms everybody
keep them coming

"Alan westy" where did you get those seats from
and how much did they cost? they are perfect for my room.
Dc

There are some well done rooms out there.

Strange aint it, you sit back and admire what you've done and then you see somit else and think...if only :rolleyes:

Grass is always greener apparently, or is the quest for perfection. Probably a bit of both.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom