OK ! Let's finish this once and for all. Which is the best....

I wasted hours of my life on my C64 (most of it waiting for the bloody games to load!)

I also used to play Last Ninja ;) I remember being blown away by the graphics! :D :rolleyes:

Other favourites...

Green Beret
California Games
Outrun
Ollie and Lisa :eek:
Track & Field
Summer Games
Nike

I can't remember the name of one game which I spent days playing - it was kind of like double dragon - you played a guy who had to walk through the city beating up skaters and guys with dogs & baseball bats. I just can't remember what it was called!! :mad: :rolleyes: :(

Are there any C64 emulators out there? What's the deal with them, are they legal in terms of copyright? I mean its not as if anyone buys Commodore games anymore. :confused:

Edit

Just found this site: www.lemon64.com brings back many memories!

Originally posted by captaindobie
The Sinclair Spectrum or the Commodore 64?

I simply cannot believe you excluded the Amstrad CPC464 from this contest. It was clearly the best (come back to me ATV Simulator :(), especially if you had one of the very early units with Mono Green monitor :D.

Originally posted by groundy
I simply cannot believe you excluded the Amstrad CPC464 from this contest. It was clearly the best (come back to me ATV Simulator :(), especially if you had one of the very early units with Mono Green monitor :D.

Only one with a built in tape deck too :D

C64 was definetly better but i had a spectrum long before it

Horrace goes skiing
Manic Miner
Jet Pac
Bomb Jack
Match Day

They were all the DOGS of their day to me anyway

You're right. I shoudn't have forgotten the Amstrad!
State of the art 'cause it had it's own monitor. I had the version mentioned above. Green screen and built in tape deck ! Happy memories:) Does anyone out there remember the Dragon 32?
My dad used to own one. I remember i used to sit for hours typing in B.A.S.I.C. (who remembers what that stands for?)programs from a very thick book. How far we've come in 20 odd years.:eek:

C64 without a doubt.

Best gaming years of my life.

anyone play myth on c64.it came on a cart that fitted in the slot on the side it had speech that said 'welcome to myth' when you started it up and if memory serves correct played like prince of persia,them were the dayz......................................:p

I remember the Dragon - and I used to have an Oric! Anyone else have one of those?
Dragons, Orics, BBCs, etc all look like calculators now compared to modern spec systems.

I downloaded the C64 Emulator last night - the games are all about 50kb in size!!! I used to pay over £10 for some of those!!

myth was cool fantastic for its day

i seem to remember a very cool part where yuo were aboard a viking ship in lightning

speaking of good start ups i remember cronos, average game at best

but when it loaded then screen went black and just when you thought oh bugger and rewind a cheeky smile appears

one game i loved head over heels

C64 if only for Uridium, top shooter even now.

Originally posted by captaindobie
I remember i used to sit for hours typing in B.A.S.I.C. (who remembers what that stands for?)programs from a very thick book. How far we've come in 20 odd years.:eek:

Beginners All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code.:blush:

in our memories anyway.... Amstrad cpc464 with a green montior was the one I used to have. Best games were subsunk and fruty frank - along with that adventure game creator.

Also, was that double dragon type game called renegade?

CaM

Oh, the C64 rocked.

Gateway to Apshai
Might & Magic
Pool of Radiance
Buck Rogers
Ad Infinitum
Bards Tale series
Jumpman
Henry's House
Sword of Fargoal

The list goes on. BTW, there are several C64 emulators out there. Speaking of, I'm off to get one. The PC version of Bards Tale III is crap compared to the C64 version.

I had a Dragon 32.

I remeber many an hour writting my own games in BASIC - to name a few:

Boot Hill.
Centiped.
Tank Battle
Pontoon.

I loved that little (huge) computer.

Spike

Originally posted by camlogan

YES! That was the one! Cheers! I remember thinking that this was about as cool as it got back in 1987! :D

Did anyone else used to buy Commodore (or other computer) magazines? I used to buy Commodore User - it seems funny now looking back that they were able to dedicate entire magazines to such cheap & nasty games! :D :devil:
I remember when The Last Ninja came out - it was treated like it was gonna be the greatest game of all time!

Does anyone else think that games were so much harder back then? Or maybe it was because I was so young? They just seemed to be more frustrating.

The Oric owned all!

yeah - i had that on the Commodore64!!!! and used to love playing double dragon on the arcades - i can still remember the bloody music!! (how sad is that!!!!)

C64 if only for Uridium, top shooter even now.
S**t - i can remember the music to that as well!!! -

Does anyone else think that games were so much harder back then? Or maybe it was because I was so young? They just seemed to be more frustrating
yeah - you're right = they did seem harder!!! i'm not sure if it was because I was young either.... - i wish i still had my commodore (had about 200 games) - but my parents sold it in the bl*ody boot sale!!!! I WAS DEVASTATED!!!:D

I had the spectrum , my cousin had the C64. I was always rather envious of games like Beachhead and Activisions Decathalon on the C64. Oh and off course all those Jeff Minter games, I'd love an XBox version of Revenge of the mutant camels ;)

That said I used to love Trashman on the spectrum and I remember spending ages playing Atic Atac with my brother making huge maps of the game.

Upgraded to an Atari 130XE in 86

laura

hehehehe!!! :D Revenge of the mutant camels!! talk about memory lane.....

one of my favorite games on the C64 was "Way of the Exploding Fist" - proper fighting game - requires thought as opposed to bashing buttons! Wish they'd bring a version of that on the XBox too :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom