OK i gone and done it...now need advice on collection.

chris

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I know how good the PV-500 is and i know that the new samsung 5H is a force to be reconned with, but my local HiFi shop has just priced matched with Av-sales on the 435XDE......... :smashin:

No, no, no.....dont tell me...........i know the new screens from pioneer are due out soon and they could well be cheaper and better than the last one's, but i was getting in such a CONFUDEL :eek: as to what screen to get....first i was going for the LG 10X, then i was going for the Sammy 5H, then i was going for the Panny 500.....then i was going for the Hitch 7200 and then i evern thought, i dont care about HD for the next couple of years so i might as well go for the Sammy 5SD......no i will go for the Panny 50.....no i wont i'll go for the phillips ambilight.......DOUBLE :eek: :eek: .

Anyway....i am now the proud owner of a 435XDE( i hope)......
But what i want to know is.......
If i go and collect it in my car, will it fit( 1998 Seat Tolido Hatch Back ).....?
How big is the Packaging on this thing......i have mesured my car from floor to roof and i can fit around 700cms in......seeing as the screen is around 652cms, what size is it once it has got all that cardborad around it.

Do i need to take my work van to get it, or will it fit in the car......?????

Cheers...chris.

You would be best to take the van, then you can definately transport it upright, less chance of breakage.

Romney Marsh....Dungeness...Romney Hythe & Dymchurch Railway....oh dear ;)

Chris,

Congratulations on your purchase. I am no expert but I suspect that you may struggle to get the 43 in your motor. With packaging, big plasmas are huge (although i don't know what the packaging is like on the 43). Also, aren't you supposed to keep them upright (or is this an urban myth?). I know if it was me i would ask them to deliver it. It would save a lot of hassle.

Mal i think your link may just push him over the edge :)

It would solve the transport issue though :boring:

av2diefor said:
Mal i think your link may just push him over the edge :)

:oops:

mal600908 said:
Have a look:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228552

this is one of the things that put me off the 435

Yea i read that.......but it was the misses that made the final decision...........................OK i give in,,, :lease: we always blame the misses, but she did like it more than the others, so if it is noisey and it takes a while to sort out, then atleast i can blame her :clap: .
Anyway...if it does have to go out of commision, then at least i will have the 51"RP to fall back on.....which by the way, has an amazing PQ and i just hope the pio plasma has the same or better.
I was thinking of sticking the 51" in the classified, but it dont look like i will get anything for it.........but i might give it a try after the XDE has settled in.

I would have hung on to the 51" till the dust settles on the HD front.

2.5k is a lot to blow on a panel that is "old" technology and is flawed on watching various inputs.

Still its only money......................

av2diefor said:
I would have hung on to the 51" till the dust settles on the HD front.

2.5k is a lot to blow on a panel that is "old" technology and is flawed on watching various inputs.

Still its only money......................

Thats pretty much what i said......after days and days of looking at screens and trying to make up my mind,....i had finally came down to the basic non HD screens and then they went and priced matched, so then i thought....Fuc* it.............its only money, just ganner have to do a few more weekends to get it back.

Ive done the same thing all my life mate,cant blame you at all and i am a self confessed gadget freak :)

Were just so close now to HD, im waiting.

i lost 15k in one year on a car :eek:

Never again, well not this week.............

I've done the same thing on one of my DVD players, but not that much.
I brought an Arcam DV89 for £1150 and then a month later they brought out the DV79 At £999.99 and then started selling the DV89 for £699.00, or what ever it was, so now i got an expensive (at the time) DVD player that aint worth much and i cannot sell.
About the same for the rest of my gear........they bring out new products so fast now days, that the new stuff aint worth buying.
I like the Arcam stuff but there is no way i would ever buy anything new from them anymore....they would just upgrade it and price it for less.
I've spent about £12.000 over the last 4 years and only have about £5.000 worth of stuff to show for it.
I've always liked the pioneer DVD players, apart from the layer change ( Denon sorted that for me), so i just hope i like the 435XDE.

mal600908 said:

What are you trying to say.........??? :cool:
I worked there for 2 years as a driver/carriage cleaner/P.way relayer.
Bloody brilliant job and a pity it did not pay more money,or i might have still been there now.
I know 2 people have died in the past 3 years ( and i knew one of them) but that is down to the **** driver's around here.
Driving instructors just dont teach people how to drive like they used(should)do...........it's all changed since my day.... :confused:

But if you want a good day out in the summer, then there aint much better than a run around day pass on the RHDR.

Calm down dear!

He's refering to all the "lumps and bumps" that could damage the plasma!

chris said:
But if you want a good day out in the summer, then there aint much better than a run around day pass on the RHDR.

We have just been on the railway...4 weeks ago.
We went on the railway for the 2 1/2 year old and Dungeness was very bleak, grey skys, raining, windy. Still, we stopped at the Cafe for something to eat, like us British do. :smashin:

I was just determined not to go near Dungeness as I work at another power station and have been told it's a bit bleak round there.

No chance at all with the car, I can just fit a Pio box in my LR discovery with the seats down!!! It's HUMUNGOUS, twice the size of a Panasonic box. Maybe that's why they are so popular, you can take it away when you've bought one.

chris said:
What are you trying to say.........??? :cool:
I worked there for 2 years as a driver/carriage cleaner/P.way relayer.

I'm curious as Chris above quoted Mal talking about places etc, however on scrolling down the thread I can't find Mal's original post that was quoted. I've noticed this a few times, but was afraid to ask in case I was being stupid. Can anyone enlighten me please. Cheers.

EuanB said:
I'm curious as Chris above quoted Mal talking about places etc, however on scrolling down the thread I can't find Mal's original post that was quoted. I've noticed this a few times, but was afraid to ask in case I was being stupid. Can anyone enlighten me please. Cheers.

It's easy to delete a post you have made by clicking on the edit button then clicking the delete button. It is also possible for the mods to delete or move a post they deem to be innapropriate. Not the definative explanation but possibilities

John7 said:
Calm down dear!

He's refering to all the "lumps and bumps" that could damage the plasma!

:oops: ..my reply to Mal, does look a bit offensive, does'nt it.... :suicide:
Was not suppose to be....needs a few :clap: and :) , :D in it..
I blame STELLA :hiya:

EuanB said:

The post is still there...

mal600908 said:
You would be best to take the van, then you can definately transport it upright, less chance of breakage.

ikon66 said:
Christ, does everyone on this forum have to buy a panasonic before you are happy.

Calm down, I was highlighting a potential problem to look out for when buying a Pioneer.
I DO prefer the Pio and that was my original choice, I like the design and the media box idea, especially when wall mounting.
I was saying I was put off with the possible problem of buzzing, and I also demo'd one at Av-Sales a couple of months ago, next to a Fujistu 50". both going through a Lumagen scaler, but it looked flat compared to the Fujitsu.

Well it's here and sort of set up.
You was all right, there was no way this would have fitted in the car... :eek:
First Impressions......
It looks nice....
I've only got my Sky+ connected to it at the moment and the PQ is good................untill things start moveing about on screen and then it is crap.
There's prob a lot more i can do to get it looking better, but it was a bit of a rush today just to get it all put together and running.
No where near as good a PQ as my 51"RP was, but then it did take me about a year of messing around with that to get it looking brilliant.
Hopefully this time next year, or maybe sooner, i will think the same about this 435.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom