ok huys its the benq 5120 or the tw10 u guys decide know..plz

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by steve011, Mar 23, 2006.

1. steve011

steve011

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hey guys ive left it to you guys to tell me what projector i should go for read lots of reviews and for inbetween 500 to 600 quid i found 2 projectors both with good reviws ....5120 and tw10 ...ok guys ill be usin my projector for watchin movies ....and playin my cool xbox 360 through it .........i will need vga ..dvi .. component as normal ......can u guys tell me which one will be best for me ....gettin impatient and dont want to get any bag of rubbish ..wanna get value for my money.........anyone got either of them and tryed playin games consoles on them .....ur help will be greatly appreciated ....thank you u guys....have a lovely afternoon .....

2. Darko

Darko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    the 5120 is renouned for its compatabilty with gaming so much so that at one time Benq were giving free xbox with the 5120,but this is a dilema I had when I bought my benq problem is they are both good projectors for the money I found that the benq had a more vibrant picture but to be honest its swings and roundabouts as both have there pros and cons.
    Either way you will be happy.

Good luck Darko:thumbsup:

3. 3swordsred

3swordsred
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

I've just purchased a 5120 (from Darko infact):hiya:

I cannot recommend it highly enough - playing ps2 through component is amazing.

Only got dvd through s-video at the moment and i still cant get over how cool that looks.

Uber easy to set up aswell:thumbsup:

4. Darko

Darko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I am glad you are happy bud, I still need to forward the reciept (I had forgotten ) I will sort it out.
    I ended up getting a Z4 and it is a good step up so I will keep you informed when I get my next case of upgradius:rotfl: :rotfl: .

Darko:thumbsup:

5. steve011

steve011

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanx u guys the 5120 it is ........

6. just wondering

just wondering

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I too Had a Benq 5120 and i have to say for the money it was totally excellent , i had the projector for around 4-5months , i paid 451 inc vat and shipping and ended up selling it for 400.00 when i upgraded to a Z4.

You won't go wrong with the Benq5120 , but make sure you get a gooood price , i purchased via Ebuyer With no probs etc.

7. Darko

Darko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    just wondering

I too upgraded to the Z4 did you find the blacks better on the Benq??

8. just wondering

just wondering

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Hi , i would say they where similar , i find the Z4 a very good projector , i've just bought a 2nd user P.C system and a ati 800 graphics card so i can output from my pc into the hdmi which will give me a sharper picture , i find through the standard vga input from my laptop computer , theres some slight ghosting , but thats where the 1:1 pixel abilitys of hdmi will improve the experince even more........in all honesty though the benq 5120 suited all my needs and to be honest the z4 does more than i need , i did have a hatachi tx200 for a weekend and soon took it back , i found the picture to be a bit soft and when playing the xbox the screen did not look right , even when set in ntsc mode and using a component cable....but the z4 is a great pj and i'm more than pleased and will serve me well for the next 18months , the z4 truely does help to close the gap between lcd and dlp , but i think in 18 months time , DLP maybe the way to go , but time will tell.

9. Darko

Darko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    yup I second that motion

Darko