Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

ok got loads of footage of hurricain wilma how much advanced editing can I do ?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by jamieuk23, Oct 30, 2005.

1. jamieuk23

jamieuk23
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hi I was lucky anuff to survive hurricaine wilma in mexico. me and the mrs whent a way with another couple and I managed to record loads of good footage of are holiday + the nightmares of the living with the hurricain.

I won the raffle so it has been left to me to transfer the tapes from my camcorder to DVD + edit so we can all watch on friday with are families as they are doing a welcome home/survive/ party.

how much editing can you do with these tapes ? is it possible to.....

1. add music to certain parts of the video so it relates to the feelings we had at the time. example - " were all going on a summer holiday" (cliff richard) for the start of the video ........ I wouldnt use that song but just as a exaple lol

2. is it possible to make bubbles apear above peoples heads at certain points with writing in it.... example my mate is ****** on the holiday footage and for a bubble to apear to say " I have had to much tequila"

3. is it possible to "fade certain bits" so it slows down and pauses on a certain bit then fades in to another bit.. hopefully you understand what I mean from this.

4. at the end of the video I would like to create a blak page which would say something around the lines of " with love to all are family who kept strong for us all threw the ruff times and for all the mexicain workers who helped us survive"....... I wouldnt exactly put anything like this put is there any way I can do this in any way ?????????

5. any more cool things I could do ??

thanks for your help guys !!

:clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    It all depends upon how much time you have got!

You can over edit and add too many effects.

I would suggest you download some trial editing software and see what you can do with it.

3. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes you can do all that and more in almost any video editing package - have a look at Ulead VideoStudio 9 - you can download a free one months trial from here :-
    http://www.ulead.co.uk/vs/trial.htm

Be careful what music you use if you intend to try and sell any of your videos though or else you will be prosecuted for infringing copyright.

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,433
    As already stated, all you want to do and loads more is easily possible with a good editing package and the know how. I would however guess from your post that you have never done any video editing before and therefore will be on a steep learning curve, especially to get it all done by Friday.
    I would suggest that you simplify your requirements for now and do a rough cut for the party, and then over the next month or so learn how to add the required effects so you can make the final DVD.

Good luck with the editing, and well done on surviving what must have been an horrific experience.

Mark.