1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ok folks ....what shall it be ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Anrasp, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Anrasp

Anrasp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    SONY KV32FQ70 :
    WEGA screen
    100Hz digital plus
    Vertical picture stabiliser
    DNR
    Auto noise reduction
    Dual drive speakers
    Virtual Dolby
    BBE
    2 x 10W plus 15W RMS output
    Picture in picture
    250 page teletext
    NexTView level 2
    Smartlink
    3 scart sockets
    2 RGB inputs

or

Toshiba 32ZD36P
    100 Hz / DFS
    Micro Filter Real Flat
    PIXEL PROcessing
    Progressive Scan
    Digitaler Kammfilter
    DNR Digital Perfect Motion
    Colour Detail Enhancer - CDE
    Colour Transient Improvement - CTI
    Super Real Transient
    Premium Scan Control Perfect Contrast
    3 x Scart (1x RGB, 2x S-VHS, 3x AV)
    Front S-VHS
    Front-AV/Cinch
    Component Video In

Any advice please ?

2. fatbob

fatbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Your best bet is to find a decent dealer who will let you audition the two sets with a decent source connected, such as a dvd player connected through RGB, and then decide which tv appeals to you the most.

Some people will tell you to buy the Sony and to avoid the Toshiba like the plague, while others will tell you the exact opposite. If you buy based on recommendations, you could end up with a set that satisfies another persons taste, but not yours.

Both are decent tv's, although they are not without their faults, as a quick search of this forum will show.

If I had to choose between the two sets you mention, I would probably be tempted by the superior connectivity of the Toshiba, as it allows for connection of a progressive scan dvd player via component, while with the Sony you're limited to 100hz processing, but I wouldn't make a final choice until I had seen them both properly set up.

Cheers.

3. Anrasp

Anrasp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks fatbob ...unfortunately here in Malta we don't have such a priviledge ...meaning that we have separate dealers so there is no way I can see the sets side by side. This is why I asked advice for expert advice here.

4. Plugman

Plugman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I have the 28fq70 and can see little wrong now that the smear fix is fixed. Its good on football but can blur on very fast moving text. Clarity is IMHO better than a 24" Sony that I had had for 18 months. Picture is also better after some service code tweaking. The sound, so often a let down on Sonys, is very good as well. Can't comment on the Tosh but for starters you cannot adjust the tilt, which to me is a big no no. The Sony does buzz but mine is very quiet after its been of for ten mins or so.