3 x Scart (1x RGB, 2x S-VHS, 3x AV)
Front S-VHS
Front-AV/Cinch
Component Video In

Any advice please ?

fatbob

Standard Member
Hi,

Your best bet is to find a decent dealer who will let you audition the two sets with a decent source connected, such as a dvd player connected through RGB, and then decide which tv appeals to you the most.

Some people will tell you to buy the Sony and to avoid the Toshiba like the plague, while others will tell you the exact opposite. If you buy based on recommendations, you could end up with a set that satisfies another persons taste, but not yours.

Both are decent tv's, although they are not without their faults, as a quick search of this forum will show.

If I had to choose between the two sets you mention, I would probably be tempted by the superior connectivity of the Toshiba, as it allows for connection of a progressive scan dvd player via component, while with the Sony you're limited to 100hz processing, but I wouldn't make a final choice until I had seen them both properly set up.

Cheers.

Anrasp

Standard Member
thanks fatbob ...unfortunately here in Malta we don't have such a priviledge ...meaning that we have separate dealers so there is no way I can see the sets side by side. This is why I asked advice for expert advice here.

P

Plugman

Well I have the 28fq70 and can see little wrong now that the smear fix is fixed. Its good on football but can blur on very fast moving text. Clarity is IMHO better than a 24" Sony that I had had for 18 months. Picture is also better after some service code tweaking. The sound, so often a let down on Sonys, is very good as well. Can't comment on the Tosh but for starters you cannot adjust the tilt, which to me is a big no no. The Sony does buzz but mine is very quiet after its been of for ten mins or so.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom