• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

ok daft question, where is the @ key on an apple bluetooth keyboard.

brad123

Prominent Member
Just opened the new imac, daft question number 1 sorry, where is the @ key on the apple bluetooth keyboard?

Thanks

CamFire

Distinguished Member
On my wired (short) Apple keyboard, it is SHIFT-2. I get the € sign with ALT-2.

EDIT: just checked a Apple BT (blitish) keyboard and it is the same.

Last edited:

alanrob

Established Member
Where it always is (as CamFire says) [email protected]@@@@@@@@@@ :)
The one key you may have trouble with is the # - it is ALT+3 and IMO is a daft key for Apple to exclude from a standard keyboard!

Last edited:

dante01

Distinguished Member
Where it has always been:

snapzproxscreensnapz001.jpg

Shift + 2.

This goes for all Apple keyboards and not just the Bluetooth keyboard.

If you open the Language and Text preferences there's an option for the "Keyboard and Character Viewer" tick this option to gain easy access to the viewer via the menubar:
snapzproxscreensnapz001.jpg

safariscreensnapz001h.jpg

You can use the Keyboard Viewer to easily find characters:
snapzproxscreensnapz002.jpg

In the above instance Shift was pressed to display the characters on each key. You can press any modifier key or combination of modifier keys to see the different special characters or symbols you can type.

Last edited:

dante01

Distinguished Member
Yes, it is the US keyboard. It isn't actually an image of my keyboard. Both my British Bluetooth and my full size wired Apple keyboards have the £ sign on the 3 key. I also get the £ if I press Shift + 3. THose not getting the £ sign are probably not using the British keyboard setting. Again, this setting is accessed via the Language and Text pref pane:
systempreferencesscreen.jpg

The monetary sign will obviously alter depending on the country you select in the Input Sources prefs. Likewise, the symbol on the keyboard will depend on which country's keyboard you chose/bought.

snapzproxscreensnapz001f.jpg

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom